My first NSV!

Options
PhiMuHoney
PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
:happy: So, I went to visit a very good friend from high school this past week for a few days (she lives only a couple of hours away from me...it was a mini vacation). First, I am proud of myself for still being concious of what I ate and of making myself exercise in some fashion or another every day I was visiting. On the last day I was there, we went shopping. Now, my friend is a naturally tiny-sized person. Her entire family is, so shopping with her has always been semi-depressing because the stores she shops at don't normally carry plus-sized clothing in my size. We went in to one very popular/preppy store so that she could find a shirt. I was waiting back by the dressing rooms so that I could give her my opinion (of course) when one of the sales associates showed another customer in to a fitting room. She looked at me and said "Do you need a dressing room too?" I told her I didn't and that I wasn't trying anything on, just waiting for my friend. She replied "Oh, well, you should try something on, then. She can't have all the fun! I'll go grab you a pair of jeans. What size are you, 16?" I almost cried. 16? 16?! The last time I was a 16, it was for a very brief period at the very beginning of high school, I believe. I told her with what was probably the stupidest, silliest grin on my face that I was a size 22 hovering on 20, but thanks for the compliment. I felt like I literally floated out of the store. :happy: Yes, it was good sales tactics. Yes, she was trying to push everyone to buy jeans that day... but she didn't have to say anything to me. She didn't think it was too far-fetched of an idea to offer me a pair of jeans from the store. I feel so good!!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!