Sugar Buster's Diet

Options
Has anyone tried the Sugar Busters Diet? Any reviews? Any Comments? Seems like a generally healthy way to eat. But I wonder if you eat your calories for the day? Or if you can or should count your calories while doing the Sugar Busters way. Thanks for any suggestions

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I'll be honest. The only sure fire way to lose weight is to count calories and exercise. Output more than you input if you know what I mean.
  • Tonilynn70
    Tonilynn70 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did it about 7 years ago. I lost 40 lbs but as soon as I stopped watching what I was eating I gained it all back. It is hard, especially with all the carb-laden holidays approaching.

I also had a lot of time to cook, which was good. I would bring my own food to parties and such. My personal resistance was not being allowed to eat corn or bananas. But I did develop a love of sweet potatoes...

I would say try it for a month and if you can keep it up, then great, but I think after a month it loses its "sensationalism"

Good luck!!!
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I'll be honest. The only sure fire way to lose weight is to count calories and exercise. Output more than you input if you know what I mean.

That is not even close to true.
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    One of my friends did it a while back and she liked it. She started drinking cokes again and gained it all back, but if you're planning on changing your lifestyle to accomodate this plan, go for it. I don't think there's anything unhealthy about it!
  • jekib
    Options
    I do both. I count my calories using the MyFitnessPal tracker, and I follow the Sugar Buster guidelines. I have lost 33 pounds since June. I have been going to Weight Watchers for 6 years, and when they changed point systems and then I went on insulin for diabetes, I realized I just couldn't be filling myself with carbohydrates that quickly changed into sugar. When I switched over, I noticed my glucose levels were better and the weight came off. I still go to Weight Watchers for the support system, though, and I adapt recipes. I didn't think my spouse would warm up to sweet potatoes, but baked sweet potato "fries" did the trick! We also eat whole-grain bread (though not a lot) and brown rice pasta.
  • RangerSteve
    Options

That is not even close to true.

Really?

So physicists have been wrong all this time?

Can you please tell me how I can eat more than I burn and lose weight because I'd like to:

a) eat like this every day

and

b) sell a book explaining it so I can make millions

We can go 50/50 on it if you want.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I've read some of the book, and the biggest eating change I took away from it is that I don't really eat white bread anymore. I'm into the whole wheat, whole grain bread. I have cut back my afternoon candy treat significantly, maybe have one every two weeks and instead eat something healthier.

Other than that, I don't really follow the other aspects to a T. Just eating better in general and watching my calories. Over 20 lbs down since watching what I'm eating, and 11 lbs of that thanks to MFP.