Need help getting started

Options
Ok I really want to lose weight so bad but I am having so much trouble getting motivated to do it. I don't know why. I have an elliptical machine, treadmill, weight bench, free weights, and an ab tower. Plus I just ordered some new exercise DVDs from the Biggest Loser. Is there anyone out there with any help or advice for me? I can do good for a day but then I want to slack off and stop doing good. I don't know if I am just depressed about it but I know I need to do something to get this started! Please help me!

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Ok I really want to lose weight so bad but I am having so much trouble getting motivated to do it. I don't know why. I have an elliptical machine, treadmill, weight bench, free weights, and an ab tower. Plus I just ordered some new exercise DVDs from the Biggest Loser. Is there anyone out there with any help or advice for me? I can do good for a day but then I want to slack off and stop doing good. I don't know if I am just depressed about it but I know I need to do something to get this started! Please help me!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had to just do it. How many years have I sat staring at my exercise equipment gathering dust? We are blessed to have the things we need to help us lose weight.

I made a schedule, just like I had to to get my kids to their sports practice. If it was important to take care of them, then it is important to take care of ME!

Monday-walk 30 min
    Tuesday- do bicep and tricep curls
    Wednesday- ellip 30 min
    Thursday-bicep/tricep curls or push ups, crunches, squats
    Friday- walk 30 minutes
    Saturday- ellip or walk....plus some push ups
    Sunday-rest.

I actuall put this in my Iphone as a schedule, just like appts with my customers.

It worked pretty well for me. Just giving you some ideas! It was funny, when I worked out for 30 min, I was much more careful with my food intake...didnt want to ruin my cals after workign so hard!

Good luck!!:flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I had to just do it. How many years have I sat staring at my exercise equipment gathering dust? We are blessed to have the things we need to help us lose weight.

I made a schedule, just like I had to to get my kids to their sports practice. If it was important to take care of them, then it is important to take care of ME!

Monday-walk 30 min
    Wednesday- ellip 30 min
    Friday- walk 30 minutes
    Sunday-rest.

I actuall put this in my Iphone as a schedule, just like appts with my customers.

It worked pretty well for me. Just giving you some ideas! It was funny, when I worked out for 30 min, I was much more careful with my food intake...didnt want to ruin my cals after workign so hard!

Well my hubby wants me to lose weight too because everytime we are together I end up gaining my weight back. We separated for a while. And then at times I feel bad because I have all this extra weight on me. I get depressed and then feel like I don't care anymore.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well, you have to do it for YOU. Not for HIM. You are worth having a healthy body. You can avoid medication and medical issues if you lose weight now.

Start small. I only worked out 20-30 min the first month. it helped me feel good about ME.

I know you can do this. 1 day turns into 2 and before you know it your ticker is moving!:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Monday-walk 30 min
    Wednesday- ellip 30 min
    Friday- walk 30 minutes
    Sunday-rest.

Well my hubby wants me to lose weight too because everytime we are together I end up gaining my weight back. We separated for a while. And then at times I feel bad because I have all this extra weight on me. I get depressed and then feel like I don't care anymore.
    If we don't do it for ourselves.... we're cheating ourselves:cry: We are SO worth more than we ever give ourselves credit for!!:drinker:

If we do it for another.....it'll only be temporary.... and none of us want that.. a lifestyle change is more worthwhile.... it's a journey....for the rest of our lives.... Like Jeannie shared.... do it now before the meds, bad health and all have a chance to kick in.

You're worth it.... keep coming back to the boards for motivation/inspiration... we can't do it FOR YOU, but we can sure support you along the way:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Monday-walk 30 min
    Wednesday- ellip 30 min
    Friday- walk 30 minutes
    Sunday-rest.

If we don't do it for ourselves.... we're cheating ourselves:cry: We are SO worth more than we ever give ourselves credit for!!:drinker:

If we do it for another.....it'll only be temporary.... and none of us want that.. a lifestyle change is more worthwhile.... it's a journey....for the rest of our lives.... Like Jeannie shared.... do it now before the meds, bad health and all have a chance to kick in.

You're worth it.... keep coming back to the boards for motivation/inspiration... we can't do it FOR YOU, but we can sure support you along the way:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

here, here :drinker: :drinker: (dont worry E, that is WATER in those cups!!)