I am stronger than cookies!!...I think

little_wolfie
little_wolfie Posts: 91
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Yet another newbie here, just wanted to make my presence known :)

I am 22, I am married and that's my son in my userpic, and I need to get healthy! I have been overweight my whole life. The last time I remember weighing less than 200 lbs was when I was 11. I lost 80 lbs two years ago and made it down to 205 - but it was not a healthy way to lose - I am a recovering bulimic. The temptation to binge is super strong for me but I am hoping that this community will keep me out of the pantry! So far it's already helped just reading different posts.

Ideally I would like to weigh less than 150, but I'd just like to make it to that point and see how I feel. If I feel great at 150 then I'm okay with staying there. I just want to feel good, have energy, and be able to chase my son without dying!

Replies

• Yet another newbie here, just wanted to make my presence known :)

I am 22, I am married and that's my son in my userpic, and I need to get healthy! I have been overweight my whole life. The last time I remember weighing less than 200 lbs was when I was 11. I lost 80 lbs two years ago and made it down to 205 - but it was not a healthy way to lose - I am a recovering bulimic. The temptation to binge is super strong for me but I am hoping that this community will keep me out of the pantry! So far it's already helped just reading different posts.

Ideally I would like to weigh less than 150, but I'd just like to make it to that point and see how I feel. If I feel great at 150 then I'm okay with staying there. I just want to feel good, have energy, and be able to chase my son without dying!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Hiya and welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Lovely son, you're a lucky girl :smile: .
    And yeah, you ARE stronger than the cookies, trust me! :wink:

Good luck!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Hey! Saw your post on the SAHM thread & wanted to say Welcome! The site is great & I wish you wonderful success with it! :flowerforyou:

CUTE pic, btw!
  • if i can give up junkfood...the you are stronger then cookies :)
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Welcome! You can do it, and do it the healthy way! One of my best friends is a recovering anorexic. She still struggles every day. So, I understand how hard eating disorders can be, but "high five" to you for recognizing it and dealing with it. Just stay within your calories and eat every 3 hours or so, then you won't get so hungry that you want to eat everything in site. That is hard for me, let alone a recovering bulimic. I'm here for you if you need anything!! :smile:

Super cute baby by the way!!

96946.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,332 Member
    Welcome. This is a great place to distract, make friends, write your thoughts, ask for help, spend your entire day........you can beat the cookies. They're like, 2 inches tall, right? :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Welcome. This is a great place to distract, make friends, write your thoughts, ask for help, spend your entire day........you can beat the cookies. They're like, 2 inches tall, right? :flowerforyou:

just jump on em' and smash em!:grumble: :bigsmile:

Cheryl....girl! You CRACK ME UP:laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick

2 inch tall cookies? dang I might be afraid too!:sad:

Hey good luck with conquering the cookies and other junk foods... I've done it and now only on occasion eat them........ them being a treat size, perhaps 2. But I must REALLY want them bad to even eat them now...and I'm not that into them anymore.

Amazing how our tastes change once we begin to eat healthier and down the road you'll look back on this thread and wonder how you thought the cookies even had a chance!!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.