Muscle Weight Question

Options
Ok so when I got my new work out bench.... I shot up 4 pounds. My theory was it was muscle weight because I kept doing the same routine, except I added more to weights and reps to my sets. Today I dropped from the 237.6 to 234.6. But my arms are bigger and I can feel the difference. Is it safe to say that this is muscle weight? :)

Forgot to mention I weighed 233.2 before the new Olympic Bench set.

Oh yeh, I have lost inches in many places. :) And it has been two weeks since I added to routine. Fluid weight could be a good answer.

Replies

• PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I recently read an article (I forget where) and it said sometimes starting new excercises can cause temporary weight gain due to the muscles retaining water to heal themselves, or something like that. Anyway, unless your muscles are enormous, I don't see how that can be muscle weight.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Most likely it was fluid.....muscle takes a long time to "gain". Eating perfectly for a month you may gain a pound of muscle in that time, sorry
  • AZKAOZ
    AZKAOZ Posts: 35
    Options
    Yes I have read the same thing. It has been two weeks though. My arms when I measure them have solidified more that is why I was wondering. But then again i was on a steady losing of 2-3 pounds a week till just recently. Hopefully it clears out soon. :)
    I recently read an article (I forget where) and it said sometimes starting new excercises can cause temporary weight gain due to the muscles retaining water to heal themselves, or something like that. Anyway, unless your muscles are enormous, I don't see how that can be muscle weight.
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Absolutely its muscle weight especially if it feels firm do some body toning exercises
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    I forgot congrats to you on your sucess so far :) keep up the awesome work :)