New here

pkdarlin
pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new here. I guess I signed up about a month ago but have not done anything else until now. I really have not looked around the site but I will now. I have been losing weight but feel like I need to stick with something where I can track my food and exercise, mostly this time of year. I work at a grade school in the kitchen so I'm around food all day long. When I get off work I go walk at our community park which is 2 miles long. I'm thinking about joining the gym, the community center has a nice one and because I am a senior I get a good discount. They have everything, yoga classes, Pilate, zumba. I did buy the zumba tapes but have not used them yet. I think sometime this weekend I will get them out. I also have a fluidity bar, does anyone have one of these? It's still in the box. I'm doing great, huh? I have been walking for about 8 years and I love it. I just need to add some other things to it so I can get some strength training in. My doctor wants me to get a personal trainer for a while just so I can learn the right way to do strength training. Has anyone ever used one before? Anyway I'm glad to be here, this looks like a good site to be on. Hope everyone has a good day.

Pat:flowerforyou:

Replies

• pkdarlin
    Hi, I'm new here. I guess I signed up about a month ago but have not done anything else until now. I really have not looked around the site but I will now. I have been losing weight but feel like I need to stick with something where I can track my food and exercise, mostly this time of year. I work at a grade school in the kitchen so I'm around food all day long. When I get off work I go walk at our community park which is 2 miles long. I'm thinking about joining the gym, the community center has a nice one and because I am a senior I get a good discount. They have everything, yoga classes, Pilate, zumba. I did buy the zumba tapes but have not used them yet. I think sometime this weekend I will get them out. I also have a fluidity bar, does anyone have one of these? It's still in the box. I'm doing great, huh? I have been walking for about 8 years and I love it. I just need to add some other things to it so I can get some strength training in. My doctor wants me to get a personal trainer for a while just so I can learn the right way to do strength training. Has anyone ever used one before? Anyway I'm glad to be here, this looks like a good site to be on. Hope everyone has a good day.

Pat:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome PK!
    00020251.gif
  • pkdarlin
    Thank you arewethereyet (I think I got that right). It is nice being here.

Pat :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Welcome to the boards, Pat! The holiday season is giving us all a run for our money, I think. But, with the help of the tools & the boards, we can make it through without a scar. Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • pkdarlin
    Thanks everyone for the nice welcome.

Pat :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.