I love to see them at the gym...

Options
I just want to say something that really motivates me, and in MFP where we are all in this together I feel that I can be very blunt!:laugh: at least I hope so!! Anyway, I love it when I go to the gym (or out walking or wherever people get exercise) and I see somebody who is either "really old" or "really fat." It makes me think, hey, if he or she can do it, I can too!! In fact, there used to be this older lady who came to my gym with a cane, and she worked out and did what she could- and I was AMAZED!! So everybody- keep up the good work!!

Replies

• Michellerw1
    Options
    There was an older gentleman who had an amputated leg that worked out at my gym. If I was like "well, I think I am done on the treadmill today", I would look over and say "that guy has one leg and is kicking butt, I need to too." Pretty inspiring.
  • lmaharj
    lmaharj Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have to wear a splint on my left arm for 3 weeks because I severed a nerve in my pinky in the most ridiculous way (had surgery and everything). I was going to the gym and lifting what weights I could (I limit my arm exercises but everything else is fair game). I had a couple of people come up to me during my work outs the past week telling me that I inspired them. It was weird hearing it. I use to be the person that would feel inspired to be pushed (like watching a heavier set person running faster and longer than I was going on the treadmill; I would try to go as long as they were as if it were a competition). It was nice hearing I helped others with their workout.

You never know when you inspire someone else. Everyone on this website is probably doing that for someone else when they are out exercising. It's quite amazing when you think about it.