Scale-- "fake weight gain"

Options
2»

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Weight definitely fluctuates about 5 pounds up or down in any 24 hour period. However, the body tends to be consistent with it's fluctuations, so weighing yourself at the same time is key to accuracy.
  • rsparks38
    Options
    It happens to me too!!
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound obvious, but did someone move the scale? If it's an older spring scale, are you sure it was set to "0"?
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too!!

hey, you changed your comment. *sad face* i liked it.

did you know that you are also TALLER in the morning? gravity pulls you down all day...like even a half inch!
  • farmingfool
    Options
    Check the battery on your scale too (if it has one)
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I might weigh myself more than once a week but I do not weigh myself more than once a day.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    First off maybe you need a new scale second if your hair was met it holds a lot of water too.did yiu drink something??
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I know this may sound obvious, but did someone move the scale? If it's an older spring scale, are you sure it was set to "0"?

Not moved. :) It is also a digital scale. :)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Seriously, forget the scale. Go by your measurements and how you feel in your clothes. If you aren't already doing strength training, start! It's the best thing I ever did.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Just stop weighing yourself that often...unless you are taking notes throughout the day to see when the best time to weigh is. Seriously...it will only lead to unnecessary stress and anxiety (and bad moods!). Aim for just once a week, preferably in the morning after you pee (first thing).

Good luck staying off the blasted thing.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Throw your scale out! Don't make mecomee and hide it. This is the ED talking and making you crazy. Don't weigh yourself every day and if you must only do it once a day. You know you're just feeding it otherwise (hug)
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mel. :):)

I decided that even though I WANT to weigh myself right now, I'm not going to.

I'm also going to haul my scale back down to my basement again so it is a PITA to get out to weigh myself. That's what I did before that worked for a few weeks when I promised I would only weigh myself once per week. I'll go back to that. :)