Laughing Cow Light Spreadable Cheese

Options
Just a FYI. I've been looking for something to dip my veggies in (broccoli, cauliflower, baby carrots). I don't like hummus, wanted to avoid fatty dressings/dips, tried salsa and wasn't a fan. Then I was searching through MFP posts regarding dips and came across someone mentioning Laughing Cow Light Spreadable Cheese. It's amazing! I got the Garlic & Herb (and French Onion, but haven't tried it yet) and it's perfect. Good stats and now I can eat my veggies without cringing!

So if you're looking for something for your veggies...go give it a try.

Thanks MFP!

Replies

• sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yum, love this stuff!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    garlic and herb is my favorite but like the sundried tomato one too! And, they sell it at Sam's in a 3 pack!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    the queso fresco chipotle flavor is awesome
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Glad you've found something you like.

I mix low fat creme fraiche with garlic and herbs and perhaps a bit of lemon, and it is most yummy and low in calories too. :-)
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I love Laughing Cows!! My favorite is Creamy Swiss on Mini Quaker Rice Cakes Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt, yummo!
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    put it on celery like you would pb or cream cheese.

heaven.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff, melted over chicken tenders and veggies.
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    yes it super yummy and u can also make fettucinie with it.
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    put it on celery like you would pb or cream cheese.

heaven.

YUM! Eat mine like this too!! :bigsmile:
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options

WHAT??? can you just microwave it? i just figured it would get all lumpy and yucky...HEAVEN
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have a jar of hummus in my fridge and so far I've had maybe 2 tablespoons. I'm not a fan either. I love laughing cow cheeses, but I have never tried it with veggies. I'll have to give it a try!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options

WHAT??? can you just microwave it? i just figured it would get all lumpy and yucky...HEAVEN

I cook the chicken and veggies in a skillet. Turn the heat off but leave the pan on the burner (electric stove), add the laughing cow, put the lid on and walk away for 2 minutes. Come back, stir, serve, and OM NOM NOM.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff too! Just bought some of the Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle yesterday..... had some today and it is delicious! Laughing Cow is my new friend! At 35 calories a wedge, you can't beat it! yUM!
  • Welshnessmonster
    Welshnessmonster Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can get any of the 'flavoured' laughing cow i.e. garlic, french onion etc. in the UK, I have seen the generic light cheese wedges, but not any of the flavoured ones? Thanks for any info! :-D