Trying to get back on track.

Options
Hi all, I am new to this website, since March of this year, I started trying to lose weight. I have lost 15 pounds, but recently found myself going back to the old habits again, and it seems so hard to get back on track, once you start to go backwards. I live in Tennessee, and it has been extremely hot in our area, so over the past few weeks, have been doing no exercise (was walking every day), and since I stopped walking, it seems like it has given me permission to just stop with the diet as well. I keep telling myself I will start tomorrow, but then when tomorrow gets here, I don't get back on it. I think I have gained 3 pounds back so far, but hopefully just posting this will MAKE me get back on the ball again! Any suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Don't start tomorrow. Start now. What's for dinner tonight? There's lots of stuff you can do in your home that will burn lots of calories. Walking outside is great, but maybe try a DVD workout or get a set of resistance bands and find a routine online, you can usually find stuff on Oxygen Magazine or Self Magazine's webpages. You also need a GREAT group of MFP friends to support you. Please feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    hi there
    well dont make excusses just go even if only for just an hour then you ill soon get back to enjoying it but only you can do it we are here for you to support you all the way but it takes to so please start and if you want to add me as a friend then feel free
  • staciee7
    staciee7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will get up right now, and go walk - it has cooled off some from the rain - Thanks! Sometimes we just need a little push! I appreciate it bunches!!
  • MCYoung
    MCYoung Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Where is you closest indoor mall?? Indoor malls have A/C to keep you cool while you burn them calories :flowerforyou:
    Then there is people watching while you walk..... laughter burns calories too :laugh:
    I am here for you ~
    We are all going through this journey together.
    Best of luck to us all!!!
  • staciee7
    staciee7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, we live in the country, and the closest mall is 45 minutes away, there is NOTHING here but two gas stations! So, that is another problem, just nothing close by to join or do! Thanks for your support, I will find SOMETHING! Please add me to your friends list if you haven't already!! : )