Valentine's Day Fitness Challenge Check-In January 8

Options
Even though I know Valentine's Day is in winter I think of it being in Spring for some reason. And, since we got a ton of snow last night it feels like Valentines day is still forever away. In all actuality it's only 38 days away! Only 38 days to trim and tone my body as a Valentine's gift to not just my hubby but myself as well. Time to REALLY get a move on!

Last night I did the 28 minute Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd that I picked up from the library. I actually kind of liked it. It was fairly low impact and you could get into the dance moves as much or as little as you liked I guess. I might do that one again a few times before I return it. I also rode my bike for 36 minutes at a leisurely level.

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!
+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Even though I know Valentine's Day is in winter I think of it being in Spring for some reason. And, since we got a ton of snow last night it feels like Valentines day is still forever away. In all actuality it's only 38 days away! Only 38 days to trim and tone my body as a Valentine's gift to not just my hubby but myself as well. Time to REALLY get a move on!

Last night I did the 28 minute Latin Funk Dance Fitness dvd that I picked up from the library. I actually kind of liked it. It was fairly low impact and you could get into the dance moves as much or as little as you liked I guess. I might do that one again a few times before I return it. I also rode my bike for 36 minutes at a leisurely level.

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Today I am going for another 3.5 mile walk and doing some lower body strength training! I'll probably squeeze in working on my car too!:smile:
    Hope you all have a good day!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Last night I did 40 min with Denise Austin's Boot camp. Ouch. I can't beleive she is about 20 years older than me.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Just finished the Total Body Burn video-45 minutes. Supposed to be 55 degrees today so maybe a walk around the block...something we New Yorkers don't usually get to enjoy in January!

Have a GREAT day everyone:heart:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You all are doing wonderful and are such a great inspiration!

I'm trying to get used to this working out in the mornings :happy:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    You guys are up early today!

Yesterday was 90 minutes of yoga and a 2 mile walk.

I think it feels like spring here! It's been in the upper 70s. Please send some cold this way.
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :sad: i have not ecercised in couple of days but im for surely going tomorrow !!!!!!!
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am joing the valentine's day fitness challenge. Since I am just starting I currently weighed in today at 178 (yes 3 pound loss from last week so excited) and my goal for valentine's day will be to lose 12 more pounds so 166 will be that goal. I did my turbo jams cardio party 2 yesterday horrible i could only do it for 20 minutes when i used to be able to do the whole 45 barely breathing hard. but it occured to me i miss being able to do it for that long i miss not getting too winded i miss not passing out on the floor after my work out tapes. i am finally ready to start working out again. good luck everybody can't wait to check in again.
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to this site. I just registered today. I started working toward losing 20 pounds yesterday. I returned to spin class and rode about 70 minutes / 13 miles. It felt GREAT! Tonight I'll do 30 minutes treadmill at 4.0. I'm determined to lose this weight by March 7th for a trip to Hawaii!! :heart:
  • chrispchef1
    Options
    i'm new here too - what is the valentines day fitness challenge?

i could sure use some incentive (make that light a fire under my butt!) :wink:

still have 10 lbs. to go, so i'm off to do stretch & tone with my fitness TV "personal trainer" before everyone comes home!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    checking in at 211 1/2 this morning. my o my. :drinker: started this group at 220 on dec 26th started the challenge on the 2nd at 215. yippee. that's 8.5 in 14 days. now, I know its all water and bloat, but at least its gone gone gone. gonna try to increase my exercise time. still only at 30 mins. hope you are all doing great. 38 days to valentines.
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    Instead of my walk I actually went back to the gym today, was there for an hour.:happy:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Humph, I ate french fries :sad: Why do I feel like I'm in control when I'm not. I've never met a fry I didn't like! PMS doesn't help, but it's not an excuse. Getting ready to do 60min aerobic/resistance workout. Stayed within calories even with cheating, so I guess I shouldn't beat myself up.