Shakeology

Options
Has anyone heard of shakeology and if so, can anyone tell me the benefits/disadvantages in using this concept in overall fitness?

Replies

• timeforme23
    Options
    Its pretty expensive. I bought a few sample packs on ebay and found the flavors to be OK. I tried adding things like peanut butter, and fruit, but still . . . just ok. Didn't see extra weight loss, but then again I only used it for 3 days. I suggest you try some sample packs first.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It's a shake. Check the ingredients and nutrition facts. It's not a magical potion. I am sure you have a few PM's now from people who will be happy to sell you some...
  • timeforme23
    Options
    It's a shake. Check the ingredients and nutrition facts. It's not a magical potion. I am sure you have a few PM's now from people who will be happy to sell you some...

Lol I sent one warning him of that.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love it... I am on my second month. I make a shake for breakfast since I otherwise would not eat breakfast and I have not drank coffee since I started drinking it! I drink Chocolate...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

HAHAHA!

They do scout out the boards looking for posts like this.

Seriously, though, I like the chocolate flavor. I don't know if it has helped with weight loss since I eat properly and exercise anyway. I like it because if you read the ingredient list, it's like having a multivitamin with lots of other things in it like digestive enzymes and probiotics that are hard to find in decent tasting foods. For me, I am more "regular" for lack of less disgusting words when I drink it. I mix it with milk and peanut butter and I like that it tastes like choco-PB shake as opposed to the chalkiness of most protein shakes.

But yes, get some samples first and see if you like it. It is rather expensive if you don't like it.
  • tlrunyon
    tlrunyon Posts: 127
    Options
    Replacement meal full of protein, amino acids,antioxidants, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, vitamins & minerals, phytonutrients and it is gluten and caffeine free.

The protein is whey and it is sweetened with stevia. It has oat grass, wheat grass, flax and chia meal, spriulina, spinach powder and is full of vitamins, just to name a few.

If you go to Beachbody.com you can click on the product and then click on the ingredients.

The taste is good if you like whey. I like the P90X Recovery drink - as it doesn't have whey, but it isn't actually a replacement meal and Shakeology is. Hope this helps a little.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I tried it and thought it was gross, too thick and grainy for my taste and too sweet. Odd that it was so sweet because I used UNSWEETENED almond milk in it.
    My boyfriend tried the greenberry one and he got a stomach ache.
    They also are pretty expensive. I'd get samples before spending money on them. Personally, I'll stick to slimfast for my meal replacement shakes.
  • Stumbleine
    Stumbleine Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it in the mornings for about a month now, and I really love it. I make mine with almond milk, almond butter, and a banana. Super yummy. Like someone else already mentioned, it's packed full of so many vitamins and that's what I like most about it. I've also noticed it gives me a lot more energy in the morning which is something I definitely lacked before!
  • TaraSmith0830
    TaraSmith0830 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I Honestly love it! It has over 70 fruits and veggies with a shot if wheatgrass aswell as 23 vitamins. For 4 a meal.. I can't complain. We are military, so we do get the coaches discount of 25% off so it makes it3.50 a meal. Which I'd still pay the 120 for the 30 day supply. We live overseas, so with the price of fresh foods here, this is such a huge money saver. I mean 4 apples cost $15! if you can budget it, I think it's a wonderful. Also it's organic, with No artificial sweeteners or additives.

The taste, if you figure out how to mix it right. It's amazing. I use 8oz of chocolate soy milk and a scoop of ovaltine! And it's wonderful for me! I dont like mine I. The blender since it's too thick for me.

As he said it's not a magical potion, but by goodness ther eis nothing else like it out there. Where else can you get your daily serving of fruits and veggies in a single serving, that is 100% organic.

As far as slim fast goes, there is aspartame in it.. Hmm I think not for me and my family.

Do research on things you put into your body!!!