Body changing good and bad...

Right so I'm happy because I'm getting fitter and losing some weight/gaining muscle. That's great it's what I want.

The bad is that my waist is getting smaller but my hips aren't really budging. So in turn they now look huge in comparison. When I stand, waist goes in, my hips stick out, then it all goes right back in again before my thighs take it back out a bit again. So I have a weird dip where I suppose my knicker line is. I have a larger 'band' around my hips and my back about 2" deep.

In addition my right hip appears larger than my left. Is that possible or could it just be the way I am standing?

I don't know if any of that makes sense I hope it does.

Is this just my changing body and it will even out soon? I really want my hips to get smaller they're just not changing which is making them look really huge. :(

If anyone else has experienced this I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

Replies

• SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    A bad thing, I dont know if I really would like to call it a bad thing BUT.. All the clothes that you have give away... LMHO.. I aint complaining because.. I feel soo much healthier now so a couple of trousers here and jackets there - bah!
  • Huh? :huh: lolol...jk
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    my hips were the last to go, but even then for me I think it's hard to be happy when naked you'll always find something.
    in the end it all goes, hang in there!
  • your hips could be out of place. see a chiropractor. also isnt having curves like that suppose to be a good thing? i konw when i lose my weight I will be straight as a bored. at least you have a hip line lol otherwise its probably one of those things the last to go during your fitness journey, you know? like your fingers and your face are suppose to slim down first, hips and glutes are prob. last. hope this helps :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,901 Member
    Genetics dictate where fat loss comes from. Get your body fat down to 25% and then reassess if you need to do more.
  • GettingFitterVicki
    GettingFitterVicki Posts: 82 Member
    your hips could be out of place. see a chiropractor. also isnt having curves like that suppose to be a good thing? i konw when i lose my weight I will be straight as a bored. at least you have a hip line lol otherwise its probably one of those things the last to go during your fitness journey, you know? like your fingers and your face are suppose to slim down first, hips and glutes are prob. last. hope this helps :)

Hi

I don't think I have hip issues or they'd have been noticed whilst carrying and giving birth to my daughter, wouldn't they?

Oh I'm pleased I have relatively wide-ish hip bones (I think I'm hourglass) but need to get rid of the extra weight that goes around my hips and above the top of my bum are!

Maybe it'll just be the last to go.