what will you look like?

Options
I've found success in a few aspect of my life by imagining (or picturing) myself the way I imagine someone would look or act when they accomplished my goal. Many times I really had no idea what exactly someone looked like or what actions they took to accomplish the goals, but I just did the best I could and found that my mind and body found away to get me there. I crashed and burned at times, but I learned lessons and improved my game as I got up to try again. It sounds silly, but its worked for me for a long time.

So, as with prior successes, I've done the same with my health goals. I found some random picture of a biking dood that seems to fit the mental image that I have of myself when I reach my physical health goals.

He's a fit guy who exercises outdoors and uses atypical equipment (like ropes and bowling pins and bean bags) or no equipment (like push ups and pull ups) to stay "fit" looking. I don't really know how else to describe him, but that is a start I suppose.

So the question is, what will you look like when you get to the target? Describing the end goal in words isn't as easy as it seems, but it sure can help you know when you think you've arrived or when you need to adjust the dial some more. :)

Thanks for playing!

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered the same... "how will i look?" or "will i still look like myself?" even at my current 67lb. loss, people dont recognize me. it feels strange. to imagine my goal weight/body, i looked on mybodygallery.com and found someone my body shape (im a pear shape with lots of booty) and someone in the size clothes i imagine wearing. i searched through the results until it clicked in my head "ahhhh, i would look like that"... similar body type, similiar height and then that helped me to see what the goal weight i had imagined would be. When i started losing weight, i never set an ultimate goal.... i set mini goals, usually that were not scale related. Now, since i looked through those pics, i have found a size/shape that i would like to be.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'll look mostly like this..but a little less beanpoley:

cAaS8.jpg

That was me at 16. About 125 lbs. Healthy weight for my height (5'2") is anywhere from 100-140 lbs. and I'm aiming for 135. While I'm under NO delusions that I'm going to look like I did ten years ago (in high school!), it is REALLY nice having some sort of goal image to reference.

Also, for the women...check out

http://www.mybodygallery.com

You can enter your height, weight and body shape and see what other women of that size look like! Great tool! I have 4 or 5 pics up there from over the course of losing these last 56 lbs. I encourage you to add your own pics, too! :D

Great question, OP!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    In a way, what's helped me more this time around is looking at pictures of when I was younger and obvioulsy an awful lot thinner.

the image from 1996 is one of my favouite foto's - the image from 2010 is most definitely NOT!!!

2r2q0xs.jpg

My goal for the next 12 months is to get back to how I looked in the foto below and then maintain for at least 3-6mths (or hopefully improve :wink: ) Not sure I could realistically get my boyish figure back by the time I hit 50, but who knows :bigsmile:

Bowling06.jpg
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    I'm old enough, and slim enough that I don't have a radically different idea of what I'll look like. My goal is to feel great and be really strong...no granny arms for me! I also think that I can still get better...faster, stronger, better abs, etc. 'cause I've never focused in a disciplined way on my fitness before this year. This is boring, I know, but it's where I am :)
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!! Very cool to see some pics and descriptions. ;) I'd say "no granny arms" is a pretty descriptive way to describe a goal. :)

Good luck and keep on keepin' on!!