Question: When to weigh the chicken?

Options
Mainly I just want to know, in the nutrition facts for boneless skinless chicken breasts, when it says "4oz" is it talking about 4oz cooked or raw? Thanks! :)

Replies

• RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have often wondered this myself!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i take that as before..that way when it cooks down a bit, its a few less cals, but i don't really know either
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    i take that as before..that way when it cooks down a bit, its a few less cals, but i don't really know either

exactly what i'd have said lol
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I always weigh the meat raw :smile:
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    It is to messy so I weigh it after.
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I look specifically for entries that say cooked or raw. The calorie numbers are quite different. In other words, you can weight either cooked or raw, just use a database entry with a description that says cooked or raw specifically.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It is to messy so I weigh it after.

Just use saran wrap on the scale, zero it out with the wrap on
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I always took it as after, because if I'm taking it off a whole chicken (or whole tenderloin, fish, roast beast, etc) you can't weigh it before cooking. But I don't know for sure, either.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS RAW.

And pasta is ALWAYS dry.

Unless they specify "cooked" on the label (which you will almost never see).

I don't know if you've had a chance to use it yet, but use the Search feature (above) before posting. You'll find TONS of info already on the forums. Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I always weigh mine after and make sure the nutritional info I used is for cooked only.
  • BohemianDestiny
    BohemianDestiny Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I look specifically for entries that say cooked or raw. The calorie numbers are quite different. In other words, you can weight either cooked or raw, just use a database entry with a description that says cooked or raw specifically.

Thank you very much! :)