HELP!!!

Options
eOk! I need help! I'm having a very hard time staying withing my calorie limit. M limit is 1200 calories and I keep going over. I need help as to what i can eat and still stay within my limit. I want atleast 1 snack...any ideas?

Replies

• jawaria
    Options
    eOk! I need help! I'm having a very hard time staying withing my calorie limit. M limit is 1200 calories and I keep going over. I need help as to what i can eat and still stay within my limit. I want atleast 1 snack...any ideas?
  • LucyJ
    LucyJ Posts: 13
    Options
    100 calorie packs are amazing! I take one to work so that I don't give in to the vending machine. You can even get cookie ones :love:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Well, how about buying smaller packs? :happy: Rather than reaching for the family size pack of Haribo, reach for the small kiddie sized 10p packs. Same with chips and such. Or, rather than buying a huge pack of marshmallows, but a small pack of mini-marshmallows. :laugh: It worked for me and let's face it, they're adorable to look at!
  • jawaria
    Options
    thanks guys!
    I'm mostly trying to figure out how to have meals under 300 calories. if i have 3 300 calorie meals that is 900...then i cud have 2 150 calorie snacks...
    but what would be a full meal but 300 calories?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It is really hard when you are so close to your goal weight. Exercise can help you to increase the amount of calories you can eat in a day. Say you walk 2 miles at 3 miles an hour...you can burn 200 calories and add them to your daily allowance.

But if you are trying to just stay in the 1200 range there are foods that are yummy, high in protien and low in fat/cals

breakfast I make a 300 cal mc muffin that is so good. whole grain, lite english muffin toasted, 1 egg fried, 1/2 oz american cheese low fat, 1/2 oz slice of ham. On the go and filling!

hummus 1 oz
    carrots/ celery

Chicken, turkey and fish are the 3 that come to mind.
    I eat a salad, with 3-5 oz of chicken breast or tuna, losts of veggies on top for less than 300 cals. Squeeze some lemon on top instead of high fat dressing.

1 oz low fat cheddar cheese
    6 triscuits

Dinner should be 1/2 veggies on the plate-broc, cauliflower, carrots, green beans
    1/4 meat-low fat beef 7% or less fat or chicken, fish, turkey
    1/4 starch- whole grain rice/ small potato.
  • jawaria
    Options
    Thanks!!! That breakfast asounds great!!! i am not doing grteat with my excercise right now...but defwant to stay withuin my calorie limits...i will def. focus more on veggies...thansk!
  • marsgirlly
    marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    A turkey burger on whole wheat bread with veggies on the side is pretty low cal and really filling :)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My favotire snack that I take each day to work...

1 V8 small can and a string cheese.
  • jawaria
    Options
    Thanks everyone! those are good ideas! Wish me luck!