STOP talking about how bad it is to get older!

Options
skinnylove00
skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
they say enjoy your youth....but people should really start enjoying getting older. your world does not stop once you turn 30 (or 50, or 80 for that matter), you are beautiful pre-menopausal and post menopausal, believe that those crows feet and smile lines are memories from your amazing past.

so, STOP with this "i hate getting old" stuff!! you are only as old as you think. so age gracefully, embrace each birthday, and accept all the new things that life is STILL offering and STILL teaching you. i know i am only 19 years of age but i suck the nectar out of life that is offered to me each day. and i plan on continuing to do so even if i am 91. YOU SHOULD TOO.

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and am actually stoked to be turning 30 soon!
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying myself more and more as I get older...........age is just a number. Life is for living...live it~!! Don't hold yourself back from anything you want to try, play, experience. grab it and go~!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, but look forward to writing an anti aging book when i am older...I have some unconventional methods which will be sure to help x3

ps: I mean this in a good way. I think it will be fun to have people guessing my age when I am older :D
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Hear, Hear! I'm turning 40 in a little over a month and am really proud that I made it this far (crazy lifestyle made me doubt this would ever happen), I think we should embrace every moment, be thankful for every day, and make the most of it!

I'm thinking I finally have my act together, and that turning 40 is only the beginning to a whole new chapter. I can't wait!
  • emgs52
    emgs52 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    your right age is just a number
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    And stay away from ostereoperosis drugs. They really make you sick. Say NO to your doctor and to Big Pharm!
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I am proud to be turning 50 in November. I have always liked getting older, just the aches and pains suck. I am as healthy as I can be NOW!!!
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    50 is FABULOUS!!!

So much freedom and with my love of 30 years..Life couldn't be sweeter!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I am proud to be turning 50 in November. I have always liked getting older, just the aches and pains suck. I am as healthy as I can be NOW!!!

50 is great....well done on your weight loss!!!

I agree about the aches and pains...:huh:
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    that was very nice thank you. I'm divorced 2X but I love every moment of my life with my kids.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and don't have a complaint in the world aging.

I do believe you are only as old as you make yourself to be, or feel.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Sure some things suck about getting older but the increased libido makes it all worth it. Wait til you hit your late 30s, early 40s ladies. Sexually, I kick my 20 year old self's *kitten*. Trust me, it gets so much better!
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If I was to act my age some would say I’d never get past 15 but really I’m 35 but like fine wine the older the better
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 next week and I'm actually pretty excited. I never thought I'd make it this far. :)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Great post. In just a little over two years and three months I'll be 60. I'm excited about it because I'll be a senior citizen at church and I'll be eligible to be named senior citizen of the week. :happy: Also I'll get to go to the head of the line with the other senior citizens during church potlucks. :bigsmile:
  • Autumn15
    Autumn15 Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm 41, and getting older does have some draw backs but there are draw backs to any age. I really try to live with the belief that age is just a number and life is what you make of it. And it sure is fun to see the shock on peoples face when they find out my age because I've been very lucky to always have been thought to be much younger than I really am.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Sure some things suck about getting older but the increased libido makes it all worth it. Wait til you hit your late 30s, early 40s ladies. Sexually, I kick my 20 year old self's *kitten*. Trust me, it gets so much better!

So true :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Infact, I think Im getting better with age!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I sucked alot of nectar at 19 too, but things do change, especially after 40. It's just kinda different, 'cause I really don't feel this age in my head. Honestly though, at 19 you can't even imagine the things that start to happen after 40. Still, I wouldn't trade it for anything!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I actually am begining to enjoy getting older especially because I am getting in great shape. I will continue to age gracefully. I promise myself that. :wink: