Bottled water choice???

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Bottled water is more expensive the gas per gallon. Better to see if you can get a filtering system (like a filtering pitcher) and use your tap. Saves way more money and you don't need to store bottles.
  • Daline
    Daline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dasani-hands down. I will however drink whatever is on hand at friends or relatives houses. :)
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hate bottled water, its environmentally disastrous and I get good quality water out of my tap for free. Why pay for bottled water that's the exact same quality??? (If not worse due to sitting stagnant in a plastic bottle for a year or more depending)
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    I only drink Angel tears. But in a pinch I will drink Unicorn tears as well.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Filtered tap water in a Brita pitcher.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    We just use tap through a Britta filter.

I second that Brita water..... I have a bottle and a cup that I fill allll day long.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I got a Pur filter for my sink. Tastes soo good and saves lots of money.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    i prefer dasani if *need* to buy a bottle of water, but I just use a brita filter and fill up my tin water bottle. Cheaper, and way less plastic for the environment. :wink:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I use to drink bottled water until i realized what a gigantic waste of money and resources it is!

The tap water here unfortunately sucks though so I just bought a Brita Max filter pitcher, holds about 18 cups!
  • Lecypage
    Lecypage Posts: 22
    Options
    just a bit of food for thought it relation to bottled water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se12y9hSOM0
  • sejunco
    sejunco Posts: 16
    Options
    Bottled water seems to be all around bad! It's bad for the environment, its expensive, and there are long-term health effects of BPA and phthalates that leach from the plastics.
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I mostly drink filtered tap water in my Camelbak 750ml bottle. Fill it up about 4 times a day :)

Fuji is probably the best tasting and quality, but the cost is astronomical compared to other bottled water and ever more so compared to filtered or tap water.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Whatever is onsale...as most are "from public water sources..." My fav is Dasani, just because...this week its Nestle Pure Life (Kroger had them onsale).

Cheers!

Oh thx! We by deer pk at Costco b/c it's cheapest there for a big box
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My tap water is filtered. I fill up old bottles and keep cold water in the fridge and try not to waste money on plastic.
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have a Camelback that has a filter on it...that bottle goes with me every where I go. I have to change my filter every month since it is only good for 300 refills. My family bought this for me at Christmas and since we have saved $$$$ on bottled water. We also keep a Brita pitcher filled in our refrigerator which we all drink from.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Bottled water seems to be all around bad! It's bad for the environment, its expensive, and there are long-term health effects of BPA and phthalates that leach from the plastics.

I agree!

I bought two BPA free plastic 3 gallon jugs from Whole Foods and I fill them up there at the 39 cents per gallon purified water dispenser. Then I pour into the glass water bottle I bought (http://www.lifefactory.com/adults.html -- it is covered on the outside so it doesn't break when I drop it, and I DO drop it...and it has a handy little handle on top) and take it around with me everywhere I go :)
  • Taralmh
    Taralmh Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fiji water is first choice.
    Smart water second choice.
    Filtered Tap water with any of the 6 Mio flavors. Third choice.

If you haven't tried Mio in your water you need to. It is great.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I like Dasani - it is purified by reverse osmosis and has minerals added for taste.

They also add SALT to make u drink more of their product. Just a random fact.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I am super picky about water. I only like certain brands, based soley on it's taste to me. My personal favorites are Aquafina and Dasani. I only drink bottled water when I am out running around. At home I drink filtered tap and at work I drink delivered bottled water.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    I drink filtered tap water. Much cheaper and greener than bottled with the same clean flavor.