miracle noodles

saw them at the nutrition store but didnt buy them. Didnt know if they taste any good. Anyone else tried them and how are they?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    I haven't had them exactly, but I have used konjac. I find it's weird, it fills me up to the point my stomach feels like it's going to explode, but doesn't stop me feeling hungry at all. It's a very strange feeling, and not pleasant.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    I like them. They taste like rice noodles to me.
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    bump
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    I ate them for the first time tonight, and I like them.
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427 Member
    not absorbent. works best w/ asian flavors
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    I like them, but I do agree that they tend to do best with Asian flavors. (Though I did just order this chemical free fat free cheese at http://www.northwoodscheese.com/RetailCheeses.html that is supposed to make a delish mac and cheese paired with the Miracle Noodle.)

I was in an Asian grocery store today, and purchased some Yam Vermicelli. The only ingredients are sweet yam starch and water. Has more calories than Miracle Noodles, but at 88 cals a cup/per 2 oz dry still better than any pasta. Will post a review as soon as I whip some up!
  • princesshaylo
    princesshaylo Posts: 18 Member
    If they are the shirataki noodles but can be called "miracle noodles" that come in a package where they are still in a fluid. I tried to cook these in multiple ways... I could never get over the extremely rubber like texture. They are very filling, but I could never cook them in a way I thought tasted good. I like dream fields pasta, google it.... it has a protective matrix that only makes the pasta have 5 grams of carbs per serving. Plus it still tastes like pasta!! I made homemade lasagna from it last night and it was amazing!!
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    I have had the shirataki noodles before and I really like them! The best way to explain their taste would be whatever flavor you cook them with is going to be the taste.....I drain the noddles and run them under running water briefly to wash off all the fluid they were in. Then I cook them for about a minute or two stirring frequently. Next I brown about two or three spoonfuls of hamburger meat or turkey burger in a separate pan, drain and add to noodles. Also add a small can of tomato sauce, and half a packet of spaghetti seasoning (the stuff in the packet) cook thoroughly and add any extra seasonings. Very good and very filling topping at only about 100 calories. :)
  • Hi princessshaylo-

You may want to do some research about Dreamfield's pasta. It is NOT low carb. See this article:
    http://www.dietdoctor.com/the-dreamfields-pasta-fraud

Research has shown that blood sugar levels with Dreamfield's pasta are similar to regular pasta. If the 5 net carb were true, it would have no effect on blood sugar levels.

I don't like tofu but like the House Foods Shirataki Noodles. They do not mess with your blood sugar! If I want pasta, I cook 1 oz dry WW spaghetti. Once cooked, it fits on a lunch size plate. Not overflowing, but a decent amount, similar to what you'd get from a lean cusine or something like that. Add some sauce and meat/seafood and its great. Only about 18 net carbs for the spaghetti.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    I like the shirataki noodles in a stirfry but otherwise my favorite is kelp noodles. You can get them in the same section and they are 6 cals/serving. I posted a kelp spaghetti recipe somewhere and I also made a version of singapore street noodles with them. All you do it soak them in warm water for 30 minutes to get the right texture, then cook em up!