I wanna make a smoothie!

Options
2»

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    3 rules to making the best smoothie everrrr...

1) Always use fruit instead of ice if you can. Makes it creamy and delicious without that frozen/icy texture that no one likes.... Think smoothie vs. slushies.
    2) Always use a good mix of dairy, healthy fat and fruits/veggies. Things may sound weird together, but they aren't. Fruit is sweet enough that you can avoid sweetening agents all together. If you want some good flavour profiles, add unsweetened cocoa, protein powder, or spices. No need for added sugar.
    3) Always - always - toss in some greens! 2 big handfuls of spinach or some other green will go largely undetected taste-wise, but it will really help to sustain your hunger and is great nutritionally.

I use 70g of baby spinach in all my smoothies and about 12 oz of liquid (8oz almond milk/4oz water), 1-2 servings healthy fat (natural PB, avocado, coconut flour or other bi-product, etc), 1 serving of protein (powder, egg whites, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc), and 2-3 servings of fruit. I usually add cocoa too, because I'm a chocolate FIEND! And yes. My smoothies are amaaaaazing! :bigsmile: