One Week dieting and exercising and didn't lose any weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• gettinghealthy777
    Options
    Bump
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Some great advice by all esp Aunty and hpygirl, I have been tracking calories for 65 days now. I've been conservative with goals and only do modest exercise (though I have upped it a little over the weekends lately). What I know is this: forget short-term "dieting", think LONG TERM LIFESTYLE CHANGES (sorry for the caps, I just wanted to shout it). Whilst I (like anybody else) look forward to a good number on the scale, I know that there are other more valuable things: increased energy, feeling better, feeling healthier to name a few. By all means set a target but don't try to kill yourself reaching the goal. Take your time, learn, as said above, start by making small changes. As you feel your energy increasing, add a little exercise, see where you can make changes that you can live with. Be patient. I found simple things like forcing yourself to simply drink more water does wonders. Whatever you do, make sure you are disciplined in one thing: logging on. Be honest, stick with it. After a few weeks, it will become a habit. Good luck, plenty of great advice and supportive friends to add and call upon too.