Laughing Cow Cheese Will Not Melt!

Run4UrHealth
Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
I have a question....how do you melt your laughing cow cheese wedges? I have tried to melt them over broccoli and over a hamburger and it just turns into a paste. I spread it out over my hamburger and stuck in in microwave and cut it up over my broccoli and stuck it in microwave. ?????

Replies

• Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    I have the SAME problem!
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Yeah it doesn't really melt well... there isn't enough fat in it to get into a sauce-y type cheese... it might melt over the stove if you add a little milk. That seems like a lot of work though...
  • I don't think they are supposed to melt. different cheeses are made of different chemical makeups and some aren't meant to melt, sort of like ... you can put cheddar cheese into soup, and it will blend perfectly, but if you use mozz. cheese it just clumps up...
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    I have seen posts before where people said they would melt it so I tried and it does not work for me. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Maybe theirs looks like paste too! ????
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    i don't think they are ment to melt over anything. i've used them in recipes mixed with other things and baked. maybe they are talking about the mini babybel cheese rounds. those melt just fine.
  • jme1282
    jme1282 Posts: 17
    It needs fat to melt.....and w/ a low fat content, it won't melt very well. If you add a small amount of EVOO or something like that, it should help it a little. When I make anything baked in the oven w/ FF cheese on top, I drizzle some oil over it and it helps it along. Good luck!