Running Shoes dilemma

Options
2»

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Cool! I hope they work out great for ya!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Okay. Ran 1st day of week 4. 3/5/3/5 - 16 min total running time.

Shoes: Nike Lunarfly+ 2, the vibrant blue and yellow variety. They are nike+ ready so if I ever get an ipod/iphone it'll be cool to try that.

I really really like these shoes. They are light and I can feel the road under me well enough to sense how I'm running but not so much that it's distracting/intrusive. There is a little bump to the arch that I notice walking-a springy supporting bump. Once I started running I didn't notice it at all.

I had a couple minor calf twinges and a twinge in my right hip and both hamstrings at the start but I think that was just my muscles warming up as they passed quickly. 30 minutes post run I'm a little sore but it's just the normal workout sore-nothing to worry about.

No problems with these making my feet numb. I actually tied them a little loose than I normally would. The man at the store showed me how to lock the laces so the heel stays tight. Link to show the lock lacing: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/locklacing.htm

Oh and most important: I ran 5 minutes straight. TWICE! Silly, I know, but I am going to be so smug and satisfied about that!