Feeling Horrible!!!!!

Options
:frown: For the first time since I began my weight loss journey I gained weight and it feels horrible!!!! I returned home from college just for the weekend to see family and whatnot before my semester began to get hectic. From thursday untill today, I ate out a LOT and I also drank an abundance of juice, liquor, chips, I basically just let myself go and within a 4 day period I went from 215 to 221. Throughout the weekend I remained very active by walking for hours each day, so i just dont understand how i gained so much in such a short period of time, I expected around 2 pounds so it was definitely a shocker when i got on the scale and saw 6 gained instead. Im trying to keep myself from feeling to miserable and beating myself up about it but its definitely hard ughhh!!!!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Some of it is probably water gain - especially if you drank alcohol. It dehydrates you and causes water retention.

Drinks lots of water. Get back on track starting now.

No worries. It is a bump in the road. You can do this!
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    you probably did not gain 5lbs in a weekend. Most likely you are retaining a lot of water from all the sodium and alcohol from eating out. Also you ate more food in that time that is probably still in your digestive system. Just my personal experience give it a few days drink a lot of water and you will see it return to normal ;)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, most of it is probably water weight which will go away pretty soon.
    The way I see it is that you have two choices at this time:
    1 - you can be miserable.
    2 - you can use this as a chance to work out how you can change things a little for next time. Could you skip a few drinks or alternate alcohol with water? Could you skip the juice and drink water? Could you bring some healthier snacks with you? Could you make different choices when you eat out?

Get yourself back to your regular routine and you'll be fine, you've lost 42 pounds already, you know what you are doing!
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Some of it is probably water gain - especially if you drank alcohol. It dehydrates you and causes water retention.

Drinks lots of water. Get back on track starting now.

No worries. It is a bump in the road. You can do this!

^^^This^^^
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    sodium... that'll add a large number of pounds until you flush it out, drink your water and let this weekend go. If you don't let it go it'll continue to effect your progress in the days ahead.

It's good you feel horrible after eating crap right? Your body is telling you it doesn't deal with the crappy food well and prefers we not feed our bodies crap. Nothing wrong with a treat on occasion but to pig out definitely won't get us on the healthy path.

Lots of great snack ideas you can prepare and plan ahead next time you go home...if you want weightloss/health it's SO worth it.

I always ask myself...how bad do I want!!! :flowerforyou: A healthier lifestyle? I want it bad, no beer or cookie is worth how great I feel compared to lost inches, smaller size clothes, better health and a much better self esteem.:drinker:
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would say it was the sodium- the alcohol and chips will cause you to retain water. Drink plenty of water the next few days and try and sweat some of it out and you should be good to go.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I haven't weighed in in almost a week because I was moving and tonight I did (which was dumb because I don't usually weigh myself at night) but it was 8 pounds more than when I last weighed in. I was pretty mad so I drank some water and worked out. Just try to to get back on track and don't let a minor setback turn into a major setback.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I haven't weighed in in almost a week because I was moving and tonight I did (which was dumb because I don't usually weigh myself at night) but it was 8 pounds more than when I last weighed in. I was pretty mad so I drank some water and worked out. Just try to to get back on track and don't let a minor setback turn into a major setback.
    Fantastic recovery plan sisterfluteloop:wink::flowerforyou:
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    JUST LET IT GO!!! So you ate a lot. Well you feel bad and that's kinda a good thing. It means you don't want your old life back. So you learned a valuable lesson and you will NEVER forget it.

You will know better next time. Just focus again on your goals.
  • Chante88
    Chante88 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah as soon as i returned to school ir an to the gym lol and did a big calorie burning workout so that did make me feel a lot better, thanks guys
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs on a 4 day vacation. It is possible and the reason we have to always think before we reach.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Don't look back and don't beat yourself up over it as you'll only spiral backwards further. Celebrate that you recognize what you didn't do right while on vacation. Learn from it and move forward. I'm certain in 2 days time you'll be almost back to where you were
    just keep at this as it is a journey ....... Best to you.

Feel free every one to add me as a friend for some calorie free food for thought left daily! ;0) Colleen