What's the best exercise/workout app?

Options
Has any one came across any good fitness apps?

Replies

• hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ifitness
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    - Runkeeper if you want to track running/cycling/walking distance and speed.
    - Workout Trainer by Skimble if you want some freebie workouts
    - C25K if you want to start running from scratch.
    - And the newest one I'm looking at is Run Coach (I wouldn't bother with the Pro version) for half marathon training.
    - Daily cardio workout, Daily ab workout if you want freebie 5 or 10 min routines, this is pretty basic though, I think Workout Trainer is better.

So, it really depends what you want to achieve!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I love EndoMondo! It pairs with your GPS to track your routes and you can join challenges on their website.

Also, I use C25K to help me with my running efforts.

And ...playlist timer is cool too - when you create your running/workout playlists and you're going to run for 30 minutes, you can use that to play that much of your list, one click and it's going for the right amount of time!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    CardioTrainer. syncs with a bluetooth HRM, uses GPS, and will use your playlist music... pretty cool!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    +1 for cardio trainer. it has been working great for me
  • elbandito
    elbandito Posts: 157
    Options
    C25K looks excellent. I just bought it!
  • BuffTexan
    BuffTexan Posts: 270
    Options
    I use JEFIT so much I ended up buying the app.
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Cardio trainer!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I literally just downloaded the workout trainer by skimble and was hoping someone might have used it lol

I think I'll go look for cardio trainer too
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I use iMapMyRide on my android for planning and tracking walks, runs and bike rides. It will track your ride with real time with gps and overlay your route on google maps. You can also map out your ride before you go or after you are done on their website. Both the website and app give you calories burned and if you use the gps tracking you can set it so others can watch your progress real-time. One feature I find particularly useful is that it shows the elevation for any routes you map.
  • iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started with C25K, which is awesome, and then moved to Runkeeper when I had progressed beyond the C25K program.