Working out at Home or the gym?

bri495
bri495 Posts: 21 Member
edited October 1 in Motivation and Support
I enjoy working out at the gym, however, right now I cannot afford the gym because its very expensive. Since I am doing the P90X program, there is no need to work out at the gym because this program helps you out with working out right in your own home. But you need that discipline to do it in your home. A lot of people don't have that motivation to do so. I used to not like working out at the house but it grew on me and I do enjoy it. Working out with Tony Horton and his crew is like having them in my house working out with them.

Going to the gym may have that motivation as well but I just don't like to have to wait in line for the machine that I need to work out on so I choose to stay home to work out. Someday in the future I will like to own my own gym, whether it will be my own business gym, or have a room filled with gym equipment.

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Go kick you some *kitten* Bri...you can do it.
  • bri495
    Absolutely. I enjoy working out at the house. I don't need to go to the gym to get myself motivated. I have Chest Shoulders and triceps to do this evening. :)
  • bri495
    Hey Laddyboy how are your workouts coming along? I have been away for awhile but back now to get motivated and documented.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    I prefer working out at home, i built myself a nice little gym, I enjoy it
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    I too enjoy working out at a gym I just don't have the time to get there and workout. So I bought a Total Gym, some bands, I hooked my TV to my internet so I can watch videos from you tube. I've really enjoyed the Total Gym and doing Zumba from You tube...I picked up my Total Gym from Craigslist for $25.00 and plan on buying more stuff down the road. Have a great day
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    I've been working out at home since November and it's convenient and all that, but lately I've been wanting to try out a gym... just to be around other people. So I checked out a local gym last night, just for a brief glance inside... I was going to see how many lifters and what kind of equipment they had. First thing I noticed was smith machines and guys doing curls. *sigh* Not exactly what I was hoping for... but I bet they have some fun spin classes :)
  • bri495
    I've been working out at home since November and it's convenient and all that, but lately I've been wanting to try out a gym... just to be around other people. So I checked out a local gym last night, just for a brief glance inside... I was going to see how many lifters and what kind of equipment they had. First thing I noticed was smith machines and guys doing curls. *sigh* Not exactly what I was hoping for... but I bet they have some fun spin classes :)

Its not a bad thing to try out the gym. I used to do it all the time. And if you have a friend even better because you could be able to chat on the treadmill or workout together. There are a lot of them for sure. Then you will have other machines to work out with your body with weights. Then there are free weights. Gyms also have classes depends on the classes that they have.
  • bri495
    I too enjoy working out at a gym I just don't have the time to get there and workout. So I bought a Total Gym, some bands, I hooked my TV to my internet so I can watch videos from you tube. I've really enjoyed the Total Gym and doing Zumba from You tube...I picked up my Total Gym from Craigslist for $25.00 and plan on buying more stuff down the road. Have a great day

I think the gym is okay to work out at but they are so expensive these days. I never tried the total gym before, however, I do have the bodylastic bands. Works just as well. I am always following programs. At the moment I am working on the Jillian Michaels Revolution. Pretty good program. I had thoughts of wanting the Tower 200
This discussion has been closed.