I Cant Believe It...

Options
I've been using alot of I Cant Believe Its Not Butter Spray in the place of real butter lately. It tastes the same to me and you cant beat zero calories.

But wait...no calories...no fat...no carbs...not even any sodium (although salt is on the ingredient list)......I'm confused. Just what is this stuff made out of???

I was always told that if something seems to good to be true then it probably is. So is that the case with this butter spray?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have been using it also and wondered the same thing...lol
  • Ronny46
    Ronny46 Posts: 23
    Options
    That's a good question because if it says no sodium, but has salt hmm mm. And you said it taste good also? I'm going to try that myself, Thanks for the information.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    its magic! :D
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's a good question because if it says no sodium, but has salt hmm mm. And you said it taste good also? I'm going to try that myself, Thanks for the information.

Yes it tastes wonderful! I even use it in recipes that call for butter and it works great. I just dont understand how it can have 0% of pretty much everything. Maybe it really is magic :P
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If only contains a trace it will not be enough to log.
  • SydandPaigesMom
    SydandPaigesMom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Here is what I found
    Regarding why it says it has 0 calories
    the rule is that if it contains less than 5 calories per serving, then they can put zero on the label. There is also a tendency to round down to the nearest multiple of 5, ie. a food that has 9 grams of fat should list fat calories as 81, but most will put 80.

The "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray has ZERO calories if you use just a few spritzes. However, if you do what most of us do and spray to your heart's content, you can rack up calories and fat grams pretty quickly. Here's the scoop: 12.5 sprays is 10 calories and 1 gram of fat, 25 sprays (1 teaspoon) is 20 calories and 2 grams of fat, and 37.5 sprays is 30 calories and 3 grams of fat. In case you're curious, the entire bottle contains 900 calories and 90 grams of fat! Helpful hint: When it comes to this stuff, stick with spraying as opposed to pouring.

It also contains a large amount of soy oil which is loaded with female hormones and is very bad for both men and women.
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Here is what I found
    Regarding why it says it has 0 calories
    the rule is that if it contains less than 5 calories per serving, then they can put zero on the label. There is also a tendency to round down to the nearest multiple of 5, ie. a food that has 9 grams of fat should list fat calories as 81, but most will put 80.

The "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray has ZERO calories if you use just a few spritzes. However, if you do what most of us do and spray to your heart's content, you can rack up calories and fat grams pretty quickly. Here's the scoop: 12.5 sprays is 10 calories and 1 gram of fat, 25 sprays (1 teaspoon) is 20 calories and 2 grams of fat, and 37.5 sprays is 30 calories and 3 grams of fat. In case you're curious, the entire bottle contains 900 calories and 90 grams of fat! Helpful hint: When it comes to this stuff, stick with spraying as opposed to pouring.

It also contains a large amount of soy oil which is loaded with female hormones and is very bad for both men and women.

Thank you! This is pretty enlightening. I knew there had to be a catch somewhere.