9-5 Challenge...Week 5 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• PianoRaven
    Options
    Oops, I didn't know about the name change. My apologies, Jen, and you did awesome this week! Will you share some tips that worked for you this week?

Thanks, scooterboy!

Today's QOTD: Please share with us your top 3 workout songs.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I worked HARD yesterday. Watched what I ate, limited my portions, and rode 14 hard miles on my bicycle. No change in weight! Grrr!
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Oops, I didn't know about the name change. My apologies, Jen, and you did awesome this week! Will you share some tips that worked for you this week?

Thanks, scooterboy!

No problem!!! And sorry I haven't been keeping up on the threads like I should've been!

I really wish that I had some tips to share. To be completely honest, I feel that I'm very lucky that the weight has been coming off so easily for me. I eat low carb (I'm a diabetic) and I try to keep my sodium levels under 1500 for the day. I drink LOTS of really cold water, which I've read can kickstart your metabolism. And I work out at least an hour, usually closer to 2, every day.

QOTD: My favorite workout songs are P!nk's "Perfect", FarEastMovement's "Like a G6" & Rhianna's "S & M"..... But they're probably my faves just because they're the first three on my "workout" playlist. lol
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    I worked HARD yesterday. Watched what I ate, limited my portions, and rode 14 hard miles on my bicycle. No change in weight! Grrr!

This is why most trainers tell you NOT to weigh yourself daily. Your daily weight is just a snapshot, not a good indication of your progress. If you overeat one day, it may take several days to see the effect. The same goes for exercising/eating right. Your weight today says very little about what you did yesterday!

If it's getting you down, I would suggest only weighing in once a week. The overall direction is the only one that matters!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Jen, I'm going to check out those songs. I absolutely love music and am always searching out new additions to my playlist.

My top 3 are:
    1. "This is How I Disappear" by My Chemical Romance...favorite running song
    2. "Heaven Help Us" by My Chemical Romance...also a great running song
    3. "Monster" by Skillet...favorite song for lifting weights

Whew, picking only 3 is tough!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

Thanks, scooterboy!

My top 3 workout songs:
    Fighter--Christina Aguilera
    Move, Shake, Drop--Pitbull
    Raise Your Glass--Pink
    Shut it Down--Pitbull

(ok, I can't count)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Favorite three workout songs:

1. Wobble by Family Force 5
    2. Get Your Back Off the Wall by Family Force 5
    3. Dance or Die by Family Force 5.

Oh yes, there is a theme there! :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    My favorite type of music to listen to while working out is Reggaeton...the beat keeps me going, although Salsa and Merengue work just as well. I love hip-hop too, but sometimes the beats, while they may be hot, are not steady enough to keep my rhythm during a walk or bike ride. My favorite songs at the moment...the ones that get me hyped:

Danza Kuduro--Don Omar
    Pegate--Ricky Martin
    No te Veo--Casa de Leones
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    I doesn't bother me not to see immediate results. I am after the end result and that is to be 195 pounds or less again. I have not seen 200 pounds in more than 20 years. So, I'm going after it! Thanks for the note. Piano Raven.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Those skinny hard seats on racing bicycles chapped my butt (literally :) ) So, I bought a padded fat boy seat and put it on my bicycle. Looks hokey, but who cares! Right?
    :ohwell:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey, if it were my butt covering the seat, no one would be able to see it's size or padding anyway.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Bobbie, You are too funny. Thanks for your encouragement.:happy:
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    OK. So another grandchild birthday party today. Loaded baked potatoes and birthday cake. Be strong, Bill...Be strong!:bigsmile:
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. This has been a very hard couple of weeks for me emotionally and on top of it I worked almost 50 hours this week (normally I work 32). I'm not doing so well with weight loss. In fact I have gained a ton (like 4 lbs) in two weeks. I'm hoping next week goes better so I can get back on track.
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Ate too many calories today, but grandchild's birthday party was worth it!
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. This has been a very hard couple of weeks for me emotionally and on top of it I worked almost 50 hours this week (normally I work 32). I'm not doing so well with weight loss. In fact I have gained a ton (like 4 lbs) in two weeks. I'm hoping next week goes better so I can get back on track.

Just get back on track when you can and keep the faith. We all can do this together!
  • PianoRaven
    Options
    Happy Sunday, everyone! Remember, tomorrow is our WI day, so let's make today count!!

I am currently awaiting the arrival of Hurricane Irene. It's very rainy and windy right now, but we are supposed to get the worst of it this afternoon. I am planning on using the elliptical today; I'd better get a jump on it before the power goes out! Now I just need to figure out how to keep my kids from driving each other insane!

To all my fellow East Coasters: Stay safe!
  • scooterboy2003
    Options
    Piano Raven: To all my fellow East Coasters: Stay safe!

Thoughts and prayers are thjere for you and all of our East Coast families.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    I gained weight...been very very stressed, so I feel like I'm completely starting over. Here goes nothing!

Weigh-in 178.6

Goals
    1) drink 80oz of water each day
    2) exercise intentionally 30 minutes this week
    3) smile as much as possible
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    My weigh in for Monday, 8/29: Lost .5 pounds. Weight 211.5
    Well, at least it's something. I had plateued for 2 weeks.