1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
1 tbsp grated orange zest
3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak trimmed& cut into matchstick-thin strips
1 (10-oz) bag fresh sugar snap peas & baby carrots
2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water

Spray a large nonstick wok or sklllet with nonstick spray & set over high heat. When a drop of watr sizzles on it add the scallions, garlic, ginger, and orange zest; stir-fry until the scallions soften, about 1 min.

Add the eef and stir-fry until browned, about 3 min. Add the sugar snap peas & baby carrots; stir-fry until crip-tender, about 2 min. Stir in the soy sauce and orange juice; bring to a simmer and cook 20 seconds.

Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the wok and cook. stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened, 30 seconds. Serve with Barley Pilaf or rice.

Nutrition Info.

174 calories
3 G fat
1 G Sat Fat
0 G Trans fat
55 MG chol
343 MG sodium
11 G Carb
3 G fiber
25 G Protein
34 MG Calcium
Points Value 3

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers

serves 4 serving size 1 cup

3 scallions, sliced
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
    1 tbsp grated orange zest
    3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak trimmed& cut into matchstick-thin strips
    1 (10-oz) bag fresh sugar snap peas & baby carrots
    2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 tbsp orange juice
    1 tsp cornstarch
    1 tbsp cold water

Spray a large nonstick wok or sklllet with nonstick spray & set over high heat. When a drop of watr sizzles on it add the scallions, garlic, ginger, and orange zest; stir-fry until the scallions soften, about 1 min.

Add the eef and stir-fry until browned, about 3 min. Add the sugar snap peas & baby carrots; stir-fry until crip-tender, about 2 min. Stir in the soy sauce and orange juice; bring to a simmer and cook 20 seconds.

Meanwhile, mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the wok and cook. stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened, 30 seconds. Serve with Barley Pilaf or rice.

Nutrition Info.

174 calories
    3 G fat
    1 G Sat Fat
    0 G Trans fat
    55 MG chol
    343 MG sodium
    11 G Carb
    3 G fiber
    25 G Protein
    34 MG Calcium
    Points Value 3
  • rachel41
    rachel41 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!:flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Is this pretty much the same if you want Orange Chicken? Just replace the beef with chicken?

Orange Chicken :love: :love: :love:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Is this pretty much the same if you want Orange Chicken? Just replace the beef with chicken?

Actually sounds better. So often Orange Chicken is nasty deep fried batter with a little chicken in the middle.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Actually sounds better. So often Orange Chicken is nasty deep fried batter with a little chicken in the middle.

I've really come to hate breading just in general. I've tried (unsuccesfully) to make orange chicken myself but it just never comes out very good. Going to give this recipe a try though.

If all else fails, I can have a serving of Trader Joe's orange chicken for about 260 cals, so I get my fix. :smokin:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    This is good! I've use broccoli instead of the sugar snap peas & carrots. And I have used chicken. I like it all.
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    -weeps at your feet-

I can't tell you how much I miss good saucy Chinese food. This sounds delicious.