using the wii

Options
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is using a wii console for exercise? How is it going? What are some good games to use?

Ive just started using my wii which I have had for a while for exercise. Im using the biggest losser and a dance game. So far i have found it great!

Bajabuggy

Replies

• christinechipchase
    christinechipchase Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i do and i love it i don't get time to do major workouts but i go on just dance 2 with my children most days. I love dancing to all the newest songs so it works great for me and it is definatly giving me a boost in my weight loss journey xxxx
  • sarac70
    sarac70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I use your shape for wii, its brill you can incorprate hand weights, exercise ball or a step into the exercies.
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    Just Dance2 kicks butt...literally... 3Songs on that game and I am sweating like crazy!!
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The wii is my gym lol. I use wii fit, golds gym cardio workout, and zumba =) i'm also looking into getting ea active (I think that's what its called). Other than that I either walk or do the 30DS dvd.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i have biggest loser, wii fit, zumba and ea fitness.....i havnt actually commited myself to actually stick to them yet :grumble:
  • Mskwellin
    Options
    Golds Gym!! It will make you sweat and its also fun! I heard the MJ Experience is good too. Good luck!!
  • Harleydiva68
    Harleydiva68 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use Wii Fit and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing. Those are both good!!
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Agree on the dance games--I am actually using Mario Mix (meant for GameCube but Wii compatible) and I am forced to log it as jazzercise because I don't think the calorie counter on the game is accurate.

Also, since I subscribe to Redbox, I was notified that some Redboxes now rent a Zumba game for the Wii, so I might go try it out if I can find it in my area.

I also use WiiSports, and would like to try another type of game eventually. I've heard mixed reviews about WiiFit, so am holding out for more opinions.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I just set my Wii back up yesterday and began using it again. Right now I'm still using the original Wii Fit and Sports, but I am also interested in getting some more new ones. I'm leaning towards the Dance ones because I do love dancing so much! Glad to see some other suggestions!
  • JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds by doing Walk at home DVD and since FEB 11, The Xbox 360 with the kinect and the Your Shape video game. I swear by this game!
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20 pounds since May using Wii Fit Plus. I love it. I set my daily calorie goal and just play games until I meet it. I love how I can select whatever I feel like doing on any given day. If I'm tired, I just do lower impact games longer and it tells me when I've burned the calories I want. If I'm energetic there's plenty of cardio like running. etc. to burn lots of calories. Weighing myself on the balance board everyday is great. It's been very eye opening to see the consequences when I slip up...