Marinades

Options
When counting calories, how do you deal with marinades? I put chicken breast in a ZipLoc bag with marinade, and then I grill it.

How much of the nutritional info of the Marinade should I add to my food tracker?

Thanks!

Toine

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I add the calorie count of a serving of marinade to whatever I am cooking- whatever the method.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I list everything under the "recipe" tab. Love that thing!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I never include them. Not all of the marinade soaks into the meat, and a lot of it is cooked off anyway. I don't feel that the amount of calories involved is worth the hassle of trying to figure out how much was consumed.
  • toinel
    toinel Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks.

I guess the reason I asked the question is that even though I use 1 cup of marinade on the chicken, not all of it ends up eaten, since there is marinade left in the bag.

Most of these marinades are so full of fat and sodium (or carbs), I Want a real representation of the amount I actually end up eating.

Toine
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I usually estimate 1 tablespoon of marinade for one serving (say for 1 chicken breast).
  • takm0527
    takm0527 Posts: 53
    Options
    It's more work...but I measure the marinade before and after. The difference I then divide by the number of servings of meat.
  • toinel
    toinel Posts: 28
    Options
    It's more work...but I measure the marinade before and after. The difference I then divide by the number of servings of meat.

Thanks! That actually sounds like the most accurate way to do it. I might do that as well.

What does "Onederland" mean? (if you don't mind me asking)

Thanks,

T