What was I thinking

Options
I am sitting here wondering what was I thinking starting this diet 3 weeks before xmas? On friday at work 1 patient brought in bagels, another fresh macaroons and another catered lunch (chicken parm and baked ziti). I am proud to say I did not eat any of it but I was not happy. I know that evey day from now till xmas I will tempted and it makes me angry to think I can't eat any of it. One bite leads to a whole lot more for me. all or nothing....

113125.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal

Replies

• bcj145
    bcj145 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am sitting here wondering what was I thinking starting this diet 3 weeks before xmas? On friday at work 1 patient brought in bagels, another fresh macaroons and another catered lunch (chicken parm and baked ziti). I am proud to say I did not eat any of it but I was not happy. I know that evey day from now till xmas I will tempted and it makes me angry to think I can't eat any of it. One bite leads to a whole lot more for me. all or nothing....

113125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Does it matter about the start time? Before or after Xmas...or before or after some other holiday...or before or after some vacation...or before or after someone's Bday or some outting or family function...

There will always be temptations and it's up to you to take control of what you eat and how much you eat. You should be PROUD that you made it thru the bagels, macaroons, and catered lunch. If you can make it thru a day like that...you can make it thru a simple try of cookies. You did a great job!!!!

Don't be mad. Be HAPPY!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    but can you imagine 4 weeks of not being careful? how much weight would you put on then? :flowerforyou:

my goal for xmas in to maintain my weight, i dont think i will lose any, but i am really determined not to gain :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I just read the average person gains 6 pounds between halloween and new years day. I for one, hope to just maintain my weight thru this glorious season.

Now if I break my plateau and LOSE some...that would be even better.

Looks like at least you are becoming aware of your eating habits. Step one!!

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Its not about denying yourself. Its about portions and most of all - budgeting!

The old, unhealthy life is take take take, now its about working for what you want. We are like spoiled children who eventually must grow up and get a job. :bigsmile:

So, if you want a bagle, have a bagle, but work it off later. :flowerforyou:
  • bcj145
    bcj145 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I guess what makes it really hard is that this time last year I had lost 60 pounds and felt so much better about myself. I have put 30 of that back on and can't figure out HOW i LET THAT HAPPEN !!!!!!
  • jwinfield
    jwinfield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Does it matter about the start time? Before or after Xmas...or before or after some other holiday...or before or after some vacation...or before or after someone's Bday or some outting or family function...

I completely agree. But I have struggle with feeling pissed off too...:ohwell: I just figure, whatever progress I make (knowing i'd probably "cheat" on my diet more around the holidays) is better than no progress at all! Keep your chin up bcj145!
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh...so do I! Friday...my work had an employee appriciation day with TONS and TONS of cookies...there are even left overs this morning!! Mmmm...cookies that have sat out in the office all weekend. Gross. Any who...my b/f came home that night and informed me he ate some brownies at work and man...was I pi$$ed. Not at him, but the fact that I went ALL day and didn't touch a cookie. It was the longest day EVER!! But...in the end...I am proud of myself. That's what's it's all about. I can. I can do it and it's no big deal...after the fact. :wink: