Day 4

Options
Not sure if it is OK for me to write about general progress here or not, but as I have no-one else to share it with...

Another 'done by the book' day, and it was just OK. Today was the first day I have felt a little hungry, but it's starting to get late now so I will just brush my teeth and go to bed. My main problem, though, is this headache! I got it on Day 2 and have been unable to shift it, even after taking painkillers. It is getting me down, and I will reluctantly increase my calorie intake if I wake up with it in the morning.

That's all, really. :-)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Sometime when you give up sugar or caffine you will get a headache. It's just until your body detoxes.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you have lived a unhealthy life it is not healthy to all of a sudden jump into a hardcore diet. If you get a headace get some caffene that is if you drank alot before. You might of cut your cals to much and need to bump it up until your body is use to the new way of life
  • lhanson24
    Options
    Hi, I started my diet on Tuesday of last week and I also got a headache for five days. It has finally disappeared. But that didn't happen until I started drinking this protein shake in the morning. I have been eating only a raw food diet with no meat or breads and all organic. I know that my body is detoxing and I am sure that yours is too. You are going to make it through this. :flowerforyou:
  • yasemasuyo
    yasemasuyo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I was thinking that this must be my body's reaction to having junk removed from my diet, and it's reassuring to know that this seems to be normal. I haven't cut out caffeine (yet), but sugar is a no-no so perhaps I am getting withdrawal symptoms from the lack of chocolate!

I never seem to be able to eat my allowance of protein (I'm a vegetarian) and have been thinking of trying out a protein shake. I never realised I wasn't getting enough protein before I started tracking what I eat here on MFP!

Off now to get a good night's sleep, and hoping to feel better in the morning :-)