Anyone else trying Nutrisystem?

If anyone is currently trying Nutrisystem out, could you let me know how it's going for you so far? I just started today and am curious to know how well it's working for others. Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• ashmckenz
    ashmckenz Posts: 2 Member
    How's Nutrisystem going? I just started 4 days ago and I LOVE it! I'm in nursing school and always on the go and this diet makes things so easy! I hope you are losing. I have a friend at school that did nutrisystem and went from 206 pounds to 135 and she looks so good!
  • Tried it this summer. Lost 10 pounds in a month! I mixed it up with other foods from the grocery store so I won't get bored.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    I tried for a few months in a row, lost a couple of water pounds. :) Then I realized how terrible those ingredients were. Now I'm on the old fashioned calorie counting game. And it is working.
  • albayin
    I think down to the bottom, the whole thing cuts out the guess work (measuring and counting) with portion control. But the food...isn't whole foods in my humble opinion. And imagine how much perservative they have put in those little packets which allow you keep them for months...
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    I lost 10 pounds a month for 3 months. The food is not that great for the most part, I only liked a handful of the items.
    Some of the items arrived damaged inside the box. It made me extremely gassy and got boring FAST. You have to pay a lot extra for the "better" food items. Don't let the commercials fool you, the food looks NOTHING like that!

I stuck with it and it worked despite all that.

Until I stopped and started to gain it all back of course.

I wish now I had just used the money for a gym membership.

If you go into it knowing it will jump start your losses and then make a determined effort to keep losing without it, it may be worth it. I found some NS food for sale at Big Lots and bought some. It's much better when you eat it when you want it instead of having no choice.
  • albayin
    I lost 10 pounds a month for 3 months. The food is not that great for the most part, I only liked a handful of the items.
    Some of the items arrived damaged inside the box. It made me extremely gassy and got boring FAST. You have to pay a lot extra for the "better" food items. Don't let the commercials fool you, the food looks NOTHING like that!

I stuck with it and it worked despite all that.

Until I stopped and started to gain it all back of course.

I wish now I had just used the money for a gym membership.

If you go into it knowing it will jump start your losses and then make a determined effort to keep losing without it, it may be worth it. I found some NS food for sale at Big Lots and bought some. It's much better when you eat it when you want it instead of having no choice.
    All in all, I still believe the way it works was portion control and calorie counting. They just made that part easier for you.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    All in all, I still believe the way it works was portion control and calorie counting. They just made that part easier for you.
    Exactly, and I am a very lazy person so it was made for me :wink: