Question for bikers...re: bike carriers

Options
Ok...I just got the bike I love. Now I need a carrier. I'm not going to be going cross country or anything like that. I just want to be able to haul it to nearby parks and the shop for tune ups...most trips would be under 15 miles...not over 50 probably. And the problem is I have a Toyota Camry with a spoiler. Is there a trunk one that would work? I checked on adding a trailer hitch and getting that kind but am looking at probably $300 total and just don't really have that. TIA for any help!

Deb

Replies

• world2c
    world2c Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't personally have one, because I have a jeep, but if you go to ****'s sporting good stores, I know that they have one that you can put on your trunk.... I think it might be about $150, possibly less.... It's been awhile since I was looking at one for my sister.
  • vericon
    vericon Posts: 3
    Options
    Here in the UK there are several trailers that would fit any bike. If you dont have the same selection where you live, you would be best advised to take your bike to a bike shop where they could not only advise you, but also fit it for you if needed.

I have used a cheap single wheel trailer for years, but they can be awkward to park. A two wheeled trailer is more convienient as you do not have to worry about it's balance, but it will make you "wider" in traffic.

Eric
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I bought the one at Walmart - i rigged it to fit my motorcycle. What i found from the ones at walmart is that if they fit two bikes it'll only fit one bike, if it three bikes it'll fit 2 bikes - at least with my bike and my wife's.
    Tip - get an old thick sock and slide them on your pedals that are facing your car to keep them from scratching the paint.

Walmart ones will be the most affordable ones you will find, unless you find it used somewhere.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I actually found one (out of stock at Walmart but found it at Amazon) that is the same as the 2 carier mentioned at Walmart but is a 3 so should do what I need. It had great reviews too!