raw vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I am vegan, but not a raw vegan. I love eating raw foods meals though at restaurants and stuff.
    I recommend watching the documentaries Simply Raw, and Food Matters, both free on http://www.sprword.com/mustwatch.html.

Also some good ones on NetFlix are Forks Over Knives and Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

Also try looking up Raw Vegan Radio. That should have some good recipes.

And you can get the 3 book on Amazon I believe called 88 recipes that heal---all raw foods recipes, all delicious.

While I'm not a raw vegan, I feel that becoming vegan has been the best decision I've ever made in my life.

Good luck on your journey. ;)
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Just jump right in. That's what I did and I don't know what the H-E-double hockey sticks I'm even doing! Day 2 as a Vegan. :o)
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    While you will save time in cooking, you will spend a lot of time chopping and cutting. I am vegan and did a three week raw vegan diet in the beginning of August (as part of a church-wide fast - the church was doing the Daniel Fast, which would be just a vegan diet basically, so it wouldn't have been a stretch for me).

I actually felt WONDERFUL with the exception of occasional cravings for something a little less crunchy. I did eat cook veggies a few nights because I bit a huge hunk out of my lip and it was SO raw and tender and every time I chewed, I would bite it again because it was so swollen. I drank a bunch of raw smoothies, though, during that time.

I went to a vegan diet almost two years ago. I am not currently raw, but I do incorporate more raw meals into my menus now than I did before.
  • ricepattikay
    ricepattikay Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the comment, I am starting out just giving up meat, one step at a time :) I decided to go at it gradually, I haven't had meat for 6 days and I have to say I really haven't missed it (yet anyway) I am going to a class on how to be vegan on Saturday and they will be serving vegan foods so I am excited to hear all about it. thanks again, Patti
  • belinda_b
    belinda_b Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of sites out there about raw vegan. I personally love it.I have eaten 100% raw vegan, but I stick to about 80% now. It is a bit time consuming and I don't live in a warm climate where there is lots of fresh fruit all year round. I would say do it even if you can't do it perfectly, its awesome.
  • glamournanna
    Options
    hello! <3

i became vegetarian twelve years ago and have remained since, with periods of strict veganism. my diet is now mostly raw, and i really feel better than ever. different strokes for different folks, but you don't have to take an all-or-nothing approach. even for those not interested in a 100% raw diet (myself included), what's it going to hurt to have more fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet? what's it going to hurt to eat a vast bowl of salad? xx