Help me speed up weight loss (a typical day)

Options
So it's been about 35 days and I've lost a measly 7.2 pounds. I understand it doesn't come off all at once but it seems like it's going really slow this time around.

Morning- 1 packet Low-sugar oatmeal w/ 1/4 cup of skim milk
Lunch- 98% fat free turkey breast (5 slices) on lite white bread w/ mustard.
Dinner - Any sort of low-cal chicken dish.

Snack- Apple/orange/nectarine.

Workout- Leslie Sansone Walk 2 miles, Leslie Sansone Cardio Slim down. I rotate those 2 workouts everyday.

Any input tricks, tips??

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    doesn't seem like you're eating much. how many calories are you netting a day? that doesn't seem like it would even add up to 1000

I'd switch the the white bread to whole grain.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Be patient.
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    Agreed - doesn't look like you're eating enough and you need to get those fruits & mainly veggies added in there to bulk up your meals. I personally prefer to eat higher protein diet & avoid bad carbs - which helps me & my lifestyle. Hang in there & keep making those little changes that add up to big changes in the end! Don't give up!!!
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    In that amount of time, the most you shoul dhave lost is 10lbs, so you're doing a great job! Although it does seem like maybe you're eating too little.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit more and start chugging the water.
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I agree, that seems like its way too low of a daily caloric intake and you don't have enough of a deficit from your resting calorie burn. With that low of an intake your body has probably gone into starvation mode. I have gone through the same thing myself. It's frustrating! You actually do need to eat more. Watch out for the sugars and add some more good carbs too you'll be on your way!
  • peggyalex
    peggyalex Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I think you need to get in at least 1200-1400 cals a day or your body will store those cals for energy and you won't lose. give it a try and see what happens. and be patient. I know thats hard to do but u didn't put it on in a day and u sure won't lose it in a day either! Good luck!
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open so it's hard to judge or give any advice. If you're consistently below 1200, and eating mostly processed foods with no fruit or vegetables that could be holding you back. May want to reevaluate your sugar, salt and water intake.
    Try to look for non-processed food - example: instead of deli meat, try baking a chicken breast. A ton less salt if you cook it yourself and must less expensive.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    eat more! lol
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Have you tried the 30 day shred (Jillian Michaels)? It doesn't take tons of weight off, but it takes off inches!! In 15 days, I swear to God I've lost 2 inches on each side of my love handles. For me, that's better than the scale moving. Download it for free at:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V04V4SX7

Just wait 45 seconds and click on regular download. Then bookmark the page with the video for future use.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    patience! I would suggest as many whole grains/raw fruits and veggies as possible and water, though I like the occasional crystal light too. and I would add a few days of strength training If you can
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Seven pounds is something to be proud of. But, if you arent eating enough....your body starts slowing down the calorie burning! I hope you are eating enough!!!! Also, realize that if you lose five pounds a month....that is twenty pounds by Christmas! If you want to keep it off......be happy if it goes off slowly. That is what works! : ) Best of luck!!! : )
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. The way I fixed it was starting to eat more throughout the day. I know it sounds crazy, but if you are exercising regularly, it is better to eat more food. Something about metabolism...blah blah blah....I don't know. What I do know is that it works. Eat lots and lots of healthy foods, and continue to do some good cardio workouts, and I'm sure you will see some changes.