BEST concert you've ever been to

Options

Replies

• NicolaJane1313
    Options
    Violent Femmes, 2007, South Africa - been too busy to go to another one LOL! MUST make a plan to get out more often!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Monday, All Time Low, and Cobra Starship, April 2009, front row. Fall Out Boy were the headliners, but my best friend and I bought tickets just to see the opening bands, haha! We did stay for the first few FOB songs though...Pete Wentz is very cute in person! lol
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Skunk Anansie - 1996 (gig post-poned from the night before because someone managed to blow all the amps so they really worked hard to make up for it)

Various Indie bands in 1994/1995 - Bluetones, Longpigs, Echobelly

David Bowie, Counting Crows and Rolf Harris (yes, he rocks!) @ Glastonbury in 1999
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    The Dresden Dolls/The Ditty Bops. Oct. 2004. NYC.

You saw the Dresden Dolls? Lucky cow.

For me i'd have to say Goldfinger are the best band live. They're just ALL about the crowd they're playing to. Amazing bunch of guys.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hmm...

Radiohead at the "tent tour" in London. Outstanding.

Funeral for a Friend a few years ago in Southampton, Portsmouth and Taste of Chaos tour in Brighton.

Reel Big Fish in various places, seen them about a billion times, got more amazing each time I went.

I've seen many others, but none match up to those.

Would like to see Rammstein at some point, hopefully they'll be coming to Germany some time soon.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hmm...

Funeral for a Friend a few years ago in Southampton, Portsmouth and Taste of Chaos tour in Brighton.

Reel Big Fish in various places, seen them about a billion times, got more amazing each time I went.

Would like to see Rammstein at some point, hopefully they'll be coming to Germany some time soon.

I want to see Rammstein so bad.
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Cher, 1999. It was my 21st birthday, my first concert ever, went with my sister and my best friend! "Do you Believe in Life after Love" was the best song!!! It was her first fare-well tour! SOOO much fun!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I sure hope so for you!! You really have to go, it's a great concert :) Seen them 3 times now :)

Rammstein for the energy and special effects (intense!)

I also would add Iron Maiden for wicked concerts and KISS for the energy and special effects
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Ive been to so many concerts....i would have to say that when i seen Korn and Limp Bizkit for the 3 rd time that it was awesome cuz i got to touch Fred Durst!!!!!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    RADIOHEAD 2003 and 2006
    Dr. Dog
    Paul McCartney
    KISS
  • idahoprincess72
    idahoprincess72 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Metallica 1989 Spokane, WA - however, Cher put on a memorable show on her Farewell Tour when I saw her in Jacksonville, FL. Going to see Def Lep & Heart next Monday....maybe they can top the list? ;)
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Hmm...

Great to see another RH fan \m/
  • flickerandfade
    Options
    It's a tie between David Guetta and Basement Jaxx. I've seen bigger people, but those two always stand out because they were so into the crowd. Felt like I was attending a DJ set by an old friend.
  • Southernb3lle
    Options
    Stealing from ya pacman, sorry!

Radiohead 2001

Just an amazing amazing amazing concert. Nothing has ever measured up.

Awesome! Love love RH. Hope they tour this coming year.
  • IloveRanch
    Options
    Glassjaw in brixton
    Guns n roses - 02 (although it werent the proper guns n roses it was till awesome)
    Sum 41 - Download music festival
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I used to have a HUGE crush on Barry Manilow. A few years ago I got to meet him in person at a book signing and then my son and I went to his concert In Seattle. It was fantastic! The man can put on a great concert!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    11/21/03 Forum Theatre, Metuchen New Jersey, Neal Morse, Testimony. I think I sat with my mouth open the entire time. Everything from hard rock to gospel was played. The combination of artists on the stage was phenomenal! The individual artists were fantastic on their own, but combined it was just eargasmic! I have to admit I wasn't paying much attention to the lyrics, the musical artistry had me spellbound. The show opened with Neal playing acoustic guitar slowly walking through the theatre using a headset mic. I heard the music over the sound system, but didn't see him until he was standing right beside me. The theatre was completely quiet while they played...you didn't even hear a cough.

I have seen some great concerts, but that one topped the cake for sheer artistry.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ACDC 2009.

kick. *kitten*.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd have to say it's a tie between....

Chris Tomlin, this past April.

Michael Franti and Spearhead, Red Rocks 2010.
  • ScotsLenny
    ScotsLenny Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    way too many to mention but Stiff Little Fingers, Glasgow Barrowlands every St. Patrix day since 1992....and looking forward to 2012