30 Day Shred Starting 08/22/11 - 1st Monday Check In

Options
Here is what I thought we would report every monday:

1) Weight and measurements -
*Weight - 242.0
*Waist - 39 inches
*Chest - 49 Inches
*HIps - 50

2) Comments (The good, the bad, the ugly!) Try to keep any moans and groans light hearted.
*I survived my first 30 Day shred workout. I did have to take a couple five second breaks. I didnt' die, but my arms and legs do feel like rubber bands, especially when I try to pick up my 6 month old son!
*For those of you that made the comment about not being fit or having bad joints etc, there are two people that do the excersizes with Jillian, I have bad back and ankles, so I'm not supposed to do high impact exercise, I followed Anita, she's on the right of the screen dressed in green.

3) NSV (non scale victories) - this could include clothes fitting better, not wanting that second peice of whatever your trigger food is, or any compliments you receive.

Good Luck everyone!!!

Replies

• cvstokke
    cvstokke Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I started today 8/22

Weight 163.8

neck- 14.5

waist- 39.5

hips-40

legs- 21

arms-13

Only thing I feel is my legs... They feel like JELLO.

No non scale victory as of yet.
  • sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    1. I don't have all of my measurements yet.. but my starting weight is 120lbs.

2. I did kinda cheat.. I got through the strength and cardio of level 1 but then I had to rush to the washroom, so I did have a little break in between. I've started this program before and did 9 days of level 1 before I went on vacation and ruined it all. It's not easy getting back to it but knowing how much easier it gets around days 5, 6 and 7 is helping me push through.

3. I felt really good after finishing the video. It's a great day out so I decided to go for a walk afterwards - loving the energy! Definitely going to need a big old nap later, though, haha
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    hmmmm... I already did the majority of 30DS, but quit about 1/3 of the way through level 3! Maybe this is what need to get through it and do it as much as possible each week! Just might give it a try, again! It is definitely worth it!!!!!
  • change_happens
    Options
    I am popping in this DVD now... going to take advantage of my son and his love for Horton Hears A Who :)
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I got through about day 4 or 5 of level 2 before I went out of the country for a month. I think I will start again from day 1, level 1 tonight.

AHealthierRhonda- like your pic! I am a huge hockey fan! (Even though they took our Thrashers away!) GO Pens! ;)
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Starting today. Weight 188pds. Waist 15.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I did D1L1 a week ago, last Monday and haven't done another one since. :( So, my plan is to start it again tonight. Unless I don't feel better, right now and since I woke up my stomach has been upset. My BF has been sick all weekend hoping I'm not getting sick. So if I feel okay then I will be doing this when I get home tonight! Will post my measurements/weight when I get home.
  • SyChloKelsey
    Options
    can someone explain how this works? I'm new and need as much encouragement as possible to stay motivated!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Day 1 stats (Aug 22)

Weight - 152.2
    BF% - 27.6
    arms - both 11.75
    thighs - both 23.75
    waist - 28.5
    hips - 41

I did my first day! It was tough because I was already sore from yesterday's workout. I've done the video before and didn't feel like listening to Jillian (I already know what she says by heart) so I turned the volume down and played my cardio playlist :) It made things a lot easier!!
  • JaneOAnderson
    JaneOAnderson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 30-Day Shred since April. I am now at level 3, but I go back and forth between the levels. Stick with it!!! I am 50 years old, have never been very athletically inclinced, but I feel strong! I have muscles now and my endurance is so much better. I also bought another Jillian Michaels DVD for abs and I do that occasionally.
    When I first start the 30-Day, I had to stop after about 8 days because I got sick. But I went back after a week, did several more days and got back on track. :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    Options
    can someone explain how this works? I'm new and need as much encouragement as possible to stay motivated!!!

You should get the video - either DVD or download like some people suggested over on the other thread. Basically, there are 3 levels on the video. You do level one for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and level 3 for 10 days. The only equipment you need are some light dumbbells or maybe you can find some stuff around the house to use instead. I use 3lb weights for now, until I get stronger.
  • gforcex4
    gforcex4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will do W1/D1 when I get home tonight but wanted to make sure I didn't lose this thread :-)
    I'll fill out the rest later:

*Weight - 136 lbs
    *Waist - ## inches
    *Chest - ## Inches
    *HIps - ## inches

2) Comments
    3) NSV
  • BunnyEyes
    Options
    Cool thread!

1) starting weight - 75.6kg (will check body fat tomorrow and take measurements when I locate my tape measure!)

2) I completed the workout (after doing a C25K W2 workout - go me!) and I didn't cheat. Sweat was pouring off me, and there was a point where I was loosing my sense of humour (the bit where the advanced instructor, Natalie, stops doing the lunges cos she thinks the camera isn't on her!) but I felt amazing after it was completed.

3) My husband said I looked really beautiful when he got home from work - I think that was the post-workout glow!
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started this morning and just saw this by chance and want to join!! Hope it's ok.

1) Weight and measurements - (I did measure but they are at home and I can't remember them all)
    *Weight - 190.6
    *Waist - can't remember (BIG) haha
    *Chest - can't remember (BIG) haha
    *HIps - can't remember (BIGGER) haha
    Thighs - 25
    Neck - 14
    arms 13.5

2) Comments (The good, the bad, the ugly!)
    -I have done the 30 Day Shred before back in April and have been working out in the gym since then. I survived the first day better than I expected PTL and didn't have to take any breaks at all which completely surprised me. I couldn't turn the volume up bc my kids were sleeping at 4:00 am this morning when I was doing it so I did more reps of some things than I was supposed to LOL
    -I only follow Anita ( the lower impact version on the push ups, but this will change when we venture to Week 2 where I will follow Anita on a couple other things.
    -The soreness for me generally begins to kick in at the end of Day 2 with Day 3 being the worst then Day 4 starting to get better. Today I feel great! As a side note, this is my first time working out like this first thing in the morning and i LOVE IT! I feel fabulous!

Good luck all!

3) NSV (non scale victories) - hope to have some major inches lost. I didn't measure last time!
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Maccabeth: The more the merrier, let’s go!

SychloKelsey: It’s a dvd mentioned SEVERAL times on this post. Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. I’m not sure where you are located but I found it recently at target for under $10. Apparently you can also download it from amazon, although I’ve never tried it. We’re just all doing it together to help stay motivated. It’s a good work out, but hard for beginners and pretty mundane but other people on the boards have had awesome success with it!

Servilla: Great idea using your own music! I’m going to do that when I get all the moves down!

BunnyEyes: LOL! Was it a sweaty glow?

Everyone else: Welcome and keep it going, I’m loving reading all the comments. Feels like we are doing it together!
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    5 - 8 inches
    *Weight - 226 lbs
    *Waist - 42 inches
    *Chest - 38 Inches
    *HIps - ## inches

2) Comments
    3) NSV

I will have to check the rest of my measurements in the am....

How do I get back to this to keep posting?
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Hope I can be in. Did L1 today. This is one of my favorite workouts b/c between work, kids, dogs, hubby - I can manage to slip it in-between activities!

I am 37, 5'8", 196.9#'s and I usually burn 230-256 calories with this workout. I usually add a few exercises at the end to get me to an even 30 minutes.

SW: 196.9
    Waist: 38"
    Chest: 42"
    Hips: 45"
    Upper Arm L=14.5" R=14"
    Thighs: 28" (at the fattest part)

My tough spots on Level 1 are:
    1. the pushups (maintaining proper "girl" push up form)
    2. the transition from jumping jacks to jumping rope (my calves burn & I usually modify the jumping jacks a bit)
    3. the side lunge raising weights to eye level - I use 3# wts for that part, and my form deteriorates in the 2nd set

I used to struggle with the lunge/bicep curl, but I finally can get through those (I use 5#'s)
  • servilia
    Options
    5 - 8 inches
    *Weight - 226 lbs
    *Waist - 42 inches
    *Chest - 38 Inches
    *HIps - ## inches

2) Comments
    3) NSV

I will have to check the rest of my measurements in the am....

How do I get back to this to keep posting?

When you're on the message boards, click on "My Topics" and it takes you to all the threads you've posted on. Or you can add it to your favourites in your browser.
  • gforcex4
    gforcex4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

1) starting weight - 75.6kg (will check body fat tomorrow and take measurements when I locate my tape measure!)

2) I completed the workout (after doing a C25K W2 workout - go me!) and I didn't cheat. Sweat was pouring off me, and there was a point where I was loosing my sense of humour (the bit where the advanced instructor, Natalie, stops doing the lunges cos she thinks the camera isn't on her!) but I felt amazing after it was completed.

3) My husband said I looked really beautiful when he got home from work - I think that was the post-workout glow!

Okay... too funny about her stopping the lunges. I'll have to watch for that part because I'm sure by then I will need a laugh! And two...the part about your husband's comment made me go "awww". Very sweet! Good job today!!