Costumes?

jamesdelong
jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
edited October 1 in Chit-Chat
Anyone excited to wear that special costume by October? If I didn't make my own I had to buy the Adult XX large size and those costumes were limited. I am hoping that by Halloween I will be able to get into Large, that way I will have plenty more to choose from?

Do you have a special costume you want to get into? What is it?
I think I want to go Super Hero this year. (not sure which one yet)

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    We have old fashioned Sunday on one Sunday in October at our church. I bought a Renaissance era costume last year to wear this year. I'm needing to lose some weight to fit into it. I can do this!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    I plan to wear my scrubs on Halloween and pretend I'm already a Medical Assistant :laugh:
  • lesley1981
    lesley1981 Posts: 329 Member
    Halloween night is my favourite night of the year!

I went out a couple of years ago as a female Robin along with my Batman! Last year I was Elvis... I've also been Where's Wally, Mrs Mop, a dairylee triangle.. the list goes on!
  • jamesdelong
    ha Mrs. Mop. did you have hair rollers or the do-rag?
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Yes! So excited as Halloween is my favorite holiday! Last year I had to buy 2/3XL costumes. Now, I can probably fit into an L/XL and hopefully by October, a Medium. Woohooo Here I come zombie bride!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    im thinking naughty nun this year,last year i was goth pipi.
  • I've always been way into Halloween, and YES -- this year I'm extra looking forward to it!!
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    My goal weight present to myself will be to purchase a screen accurate sandman costume from Logan's Run.

I have a screen accurate hero Deep Sleep gun with hanger holster that does indeed shoot flames like in the film as well as a "working" hero follower.

This is not for Halloween but instead I will wear it to a couple of the local sci-fi and anime cons. The bonus to this is I have a friend who works pyro for stage and screen and he agreed to set up a bursting charge on my wife who will dress as a "red". The plan is to follow and chase her outside of a con, shoot her, and she triggers the bursting charge.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    I have a running tradition that I grow out my beard in October and have a costume that also needs facial hair. It's a great excuse to grow a beard for a while in the corporate world.
    -wtk
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    God I love it when women wear costumes.

That's all. Carry on.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Halloween is my FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR!!!!!

i'm actually in a quandry about this. i really want/need a new corset. adn i found one on sale for $80 after shipping.... and now i'm losing weight... so yeah. i know that i will be dressed up. but IDK if i'm going to have my girls popped up to chin-level or not.
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    I :heart: Halloween and I'm going to a Halloween party again this year. Don't know what I'll wear yet but I have some ideas I've been thinking about.
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    I'm going to be a school girl. What?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    I have a stock car racing fire suit....I'm going to wear that and carry around a racing helmet. A couple of years ago I was "the Bride" from Kill Bill. I like Halloween- I get to act like a little kid and eat candy. LOL
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    LOVE HALLOWEEN!

Betty Page, or naughty school girl.

Then always have to pick out second costume so that I can dress up and go trick or treating with my son. More than likely super heroes of some kind or pirates! Arrrgghh matey! :)
  • i cant wait for halloween! im going for school girl!
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    BrewingAZ - My brother-in-law was a school girl a few years ago. Or was it a hooker? I'm not entirely sure, but his friends also dragged with him. More power to you!

This year I'm going as Thing 1 and my daughter's going to be Thing 2. My husband is dressing up as either The Cat or Jack the Ripper. I'm only moderately concerned that he thinks they're "close enough" to the same thing.....

Next year I'm going as something skanky. Heck if I know what, but I'm determined to be fit enough to pull it off.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    This year, I'm going for spooky... I'm going to be the demonic girl from Paranormal Activity. I'm going to put together a costume based on the last scene of the first movie (no spoilers from me, just in case anyone hasn't seen it!).

Should be cheap to do, plus it will be fun!
  • jamesdelong
    I love to see how everyone is getting ready for Halloween. We all still have plenty of time to shed more pounds off before we put on any costumes. if I drop more than 20lbs by then I think I have a clue of what outfit I am wearing.. let's just say a bow tie will be in the mix. haha
  • jamesdelong
    I have a running tradition that I grow out my beard in October and have a costume that also needs facial hair. It's a great excuse to grow a beard for a while in the corporate world.
    -wtk

I think I am going to use that excuse for work. It takes me forever to grow something so I will start today.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Catwoman from Batman. I already have the corset. I just need a PVC catsuit.
  • I'm going as a pregnant cheer leeder and my boyfriend is going as the creepy teacher lol!
  • Hattie2879
    Hattie2879 Posts: 131
    My goal weight present to myself will be to purchase a screen accurate sandman costume from Logan's Run.

I have a screen accurate hero Deep Sleep gun with hanger holster that does indeed shoot flames like in the film as well as a "working" hero follower.

This is not for Halloween but instead I will wear it to a couple of the local sci-fi and anime cons. The bonus to this is I have a friend who works pyro for stage and screen and he agreed to set up a bursting charge on my wife who will dress as a "red". The plan is to follow and chase her outside of a con, shoot her, and she triggers the bursting charge.

Logan's Run was an awesome movie! Not too sure what I think about the remake they're doing though. :huh:

As far as what I'm gonna be for Halloween this year, I'm not sure yet. Last year I was a cowgirl, but I think I want to do something scary this year. :devil:
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    all the costumes down here are small no matter what the labeling says. xxlg = small xlg=small small= xxsmall

suxs really :indifferent:
  • My husband loves beer, so I was thinking of going as the St. Pauli Girl :drinker:
  • i cant wait for halloween! im going for school girl!
    Huh me too! Lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    My favorite costume has been naughty cop. I wore it like 2 years in a row and wish I could wear it every single day. It's just awesome like that.

I'm wondering if it's going to fit this year.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Elvira! I have a tight black "coffin dress" that should look pretty damned good by then!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    This year I'm going for Hipster Zombie

I'm trying to get my gf to go as Zombi Paula Dean, and she can tell people "I just love brains y'all".

I don't think she likes the idea.
  • jamesdelong
    "I just love brains y'all".

LOL!
This discussion has been closed.