My Diary

Options
Hi

I am trying to cut down on my carb intake as well as reducing my calories. I am not sure if I am eating the right things, if anyone wants a look at my diaryt and wants to give some pointers please feel free :)

Replies

• LittleFootHafner
    Options
    I would love to try to help, but it won't allow access to your diary...
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi! It doesn't look like you diary is open for us to peek at :)
  • carly_lauren
    Options
    oops i just made it public :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that carbs are not just breads but also come in a variety of forms. Looks like you have alot of fruit in your diary, that's probably a great source of carbs in your diet. I try to limit myself to one piece of fruit a day.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets don't work. you're training your body to an unrealistic goal. If you go low carb now, you have to go low carb for life because otherwise you'll gain weight as soon as you eat earbs again. Just a thought.

and yes carbs come in many forms. Limiting to one piece of fruit a day is not healthy considering we're supposed to have 5-10 servings of fruit and veggies a day! There are carbs in vegtables too.

Try complex carbs only maybe, if you really want to limit them.
  • carly_lauren
    Options
    I don't want to cut back completely and I have always eaten quite a bit of fruit and veg my main issue has been really eating lots of bread and pasta as its easy and I think like my mum i have a bit of an intolerance to it.

My main problem is since a young age I used to swim competitively and are encouragd to to eat lots of carbs so when i stopped the swimming I carried on with the pasta and bread. I think slowly introducing them again is my goal.

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets don't work. you're training your body to an unrealistic goal. If you go low carb now, you have to go low carb for life because otherwise you'll gain weight as soon as you eat earbs again. Just a thought.

and yes carbs come in many forms. Limiting to one piece of fruit a day is not healthy considering we're supposed to have 5-10 servings of fruit and veggies a day! There are carbs in vegtables too.

Try complex carbs only maybe, if you really want to limit them.

This don't apply to everyone. I have PCOS and my body does NOT handle carbs well. So only eating one piece of fruit a day is actually good for me. If I do eat my TWO recommended servings of fruit a day, one has to be a citrus. Most veggies have carbs but not nearly as many as the fruit, I believe that is why more servings of veggies are recommended than fruits.
  • sneezles
    sneezles Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I saw in your diary you eat some processed foods. I would check the carb count in the yoghurt and would replace it with one without fruit or flavoring. You can sweeten with Splenda or Stevia.

I would also suggest tracking your fiber which you can deduct from your carbs to get a better idea of net carbs consumed.

As for fish cakes I'd be very interested in the nutritional data on those. I'd have just a baked filet of some fish.
  • carly_lauren
    Options
    yeah i know what you mean i do buy fresh fishcakes and not frozen ones. Its hard when you work 2 jobs and are studying to always eat fresh things. My boyfriend doesnt eat anything other than fish cakes so feel bad constantly making him cook something seperate!

Thanks for the tips!