Hip Hop Abs

So, as many of you know, I have been doing the beachbody hip hop abs program. I have pretty much followed it to the T and will be finishing up the 4 week program in a few days. I want to continue doing it b/c it's so much fun and I've been getting great results but b/c it's a progressive program (you add intensity every week) I'm not sure if I should completely start over next week or just do the last 3 weeks or just the last 2 over and over again for at least the next few months. If anyone has done this and has any suggestions for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Replies

• So, as many of you know, I have been doing the beachbody hip hop abs program. I have pretty much followed it to the T and will be finishing up the 4 week program in a few days. I want to continue doing it b/c it's so much fun and I've been getting great results but b/c it's a progressive program (you add intensity every week) I'm not sure if I should completely start over next week or just do the last 3 weeks or just the last 2 over and over again for at least the next few months. If anyone has done this and has any suggestions for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Well that is awesome, keep it up if you enjoy it. Turbo jam is really fun too.
    What were your results from hip hop abs?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Do you have the whole set? I have the 60 day program There is the 30 min cardio with ab sculpt (Set one). Then there is the 40 min cardio with ab sculpt & the total body burn (set two).
  • I have a 30 day program with a 30 min cardio, 23 min ab sculpt, 23 min hips, buns, and thighs, 40 min total body burn, and a 5 min extra ab workout. I'd rather not buy any more dvd's if I don't have to. For the most part the last 2 weeks call for total body burn 4 times, then alternating days between cardio and ab sculpt and cardio and hips buns and thighs. Although a couple of days in the last 2 weeks you're only doing 1 workout. I'll probably up that and add a second one. I'm thinking the last 2 weeks over and over again would be my best option b/c it has every single workout in there. But I'm not sure if I need a recovery week after 4 weeks (jillian michaels highly recommends that to confuse your metabolism) and have it just cardio and ab sculpt.
  • Well that is awesome, keep it up if you enjoy it. Turbo jam is really fun too.
    What were your results from hip hop abs?

I'll let you know the final in a few days, but so far I've lost 3 pounds and 6 inches (3 from waist and 1.5 in bust and hips) It probably would have been more had Thanksgiving not fallen in the middle of the program, cause I definitely overate that day, plus a few days afterward due to other gatherings and leftovers, and I didn't workout Thanksgiving day either. Then of course come the Christmas parties (had 2 this weekend)........not a valid excuse, but reasonable considering the season. I'm really thinking if I stick with it for a couple more months at least then I'll be good to go. I dropped from a size 14 to a size 12 within the first 2 weeks and I'm almost in a 10 right now. My goal is an 8, but if I get below that that's fine! :) I used to be obsessed with what the scale said but I'm pretty much over that. As long as I am looking and feeling better (and I can actually see my ab muscles when I do a crunch in the mirror now---so COOL!) then I'm good to go.