Moving at a Turtle's pace...and I'm ok with that

Options
I haven't logged on to MFP to track my food in quite a while (since July actually) because the summer is such a busy time for me. I have managed to keep weighing myself every Monday morning and logging it. I started my lifestyle change on May 23rd of this year, just under 3 months ago...and I've finally hit my first goal. I've only lost 14lbs in that 3 months, but it's steadily coming off. I'm living my life how I want, and incorporating everything I've learned into my day. I eat a heck of a lot more than I did before...but it's healthy things. And if I want something unhealthy, I eat a very small portion and DON'T feel guilty about it.

I'm so excited to have hit my first goal. I can't wait to hit the next one!

:love:

Replies

• allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    Congrats! Slow & steady wins the race.. and you being happy is the most important thing! Keep up the great work :) 14 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment and you should be so proud!
  • christinakaye76
    Options
    Great attitude !!! Keep Going !!
  • Koalaboo
    Koalaboo Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am in a similar place, though I've gained back what little I lost. You inspire and give me hope.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    This is the difference between diet and lifestyle change. Good for you!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    14 pounds in three months is a great pace! And even better if you're enjoying yourself while you're doing it. It's sustainable that way... a true lifestyle change. Good for you!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think it's the way to go! It helps enforce the lifestyle so you don't go back to doing what you were before. It has taken me 3 years to lose 39lbs (with one or two 'breaks' where I gained 5-10lbs back). Now that I am only 1lb away from goal, I don't see myself ever going back to what I was doing before all of this! Keep it up, you are doing fabulous!!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Great outook, It's all about living a life you can enjoy and maintain.