Strength training - no calories added

Options
Hey all,

I'm a week into using myfitnesspal and one of the first things I noticed is that when I log my cardio warmup, it adjusts the caloric limit for the day, but when I use weights, it does not. I did some research and found that 30 minutes of intense weight training will burn around 390 calories whereas a more relaxed weight training regimen over the same time period would provide about 190 calories burned.

for those who are doing both weights and cardio in a day, how are you working that into your Diary?

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    if you want to count them for exercise calories, you can add them in the cardio section - "strength training with weights". There are certain days I will do this and still add them on the strength training side, so I can see exactly what I did that day. You can also add it under cardio and add an exercise if you feel the calories burned is not accurate.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Most of us just enter it as a cardio and input it manually. I do bodyweight circuits, so I put my cals in under "circuit" and log it a bit conservatively (just because the number seems more reasonable to me). You should be able to just enter an exercise under the cardio and input calories based on your intensity. You can still use the strength to track reps and sets if you want/need also.
  • Insanityaddict
    Options
    I put it in as cardio so I can keep track of the calorie burn. It would be a good idea if we could put the calorie burn into the weights section!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    If you go under cardio you can log it as circuit training, then it will register your calories burned :)
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I do sort of a combined cardio and weights exercise, I wear my HRM and log it in according to the calories I burned.