Drank my Weight in Calories

Options
ugg. Whenever booze comes into the picture all my self control goes out the door. The alcohol alone has more calories than I should have, but once I get buzzed I just want to snack snack snack. I was doing pretty well until last nights epic fail. Time to get back on the wagon... or a bicycle! LOL

Replies

• tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but lately I've been able to really take the time and think "Is it worth it?" before I down that next vodka tonic! Its a hard lesson to learn, but it can be done. Just think... How many more hours do I have to spend on the bike to have another drink and the snacks that follow. Sounds easier said than done though... I know!!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    this might be taken as a horrible suggestion but do shots (70 to 100 calories depending on the alcohol) or stick with vodka and coke zero. i totally hear you about getting the muchies after drinking and there is no way you want to eat something healthy.
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY what I said on Saturday night. I went out and had some snacks and a couple of drinks at my friend's restaurant and before I knew it, I was buzzed and wanting to eat everything in sight. It's not the only reason, but it's a good reason I don't like to drink. I wish wine wasn't so dang tasty.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I get drunk munchies too, but I've been able to control that. It's horrible, but I know how much I drink when I go out... if I know I'm going out I really don't eat much that day (horrible I know, especially since I feel drunker faster on an empty stomach). But at the same time since I hadn't ate if I do eat after the bar, I can't eat much cause I'm just so full.

Definitely not a good thing to do, but it's just how my mind works and what I do. =/
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    yeah it gets easier to either say no to, or plan ahead calorie-wise. You can google which drinks are lowest in calories. I usually stick to a flavored vodka and club soda (like raspberry vodka, club soda and lime) very low cal and sugar :o) you'll figure it out! I also just eat really light all day if I know i'm going out with friends in the evening.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I did this Saturday night at a Kid Rock concert. I drank beer for the first time in a long time, and I drank about 100 oz of it! HAHA!

I ended up eating a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds for dinner, and danced all might so hopefully I burned off a decent amount. It's been two days and I'm still terribly bloated.
  • BabyBenning
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and suggestions!

I pretty much only drink the low cal stuff - white wine, vodka w/soda... but the problem is a can drink A LOT. I have a crazy high tolerance. For example, last night I had a screw driver, which is a rarity, but it was made with fresh squeezed organic OJ at least. Then I proceeded to drink an entire bottle of white wine AND a glass of my homemade hard cider. No matter what kind of booze it is when you drink over 40oz the calories add up. And once I get going it's over, so moderation is out the door.

It's all or nothing - you booze you loose! or more appropriately - you booze you gain!

Ces't la Vie!

Choosing nothing today :)
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Same here, I drank a fifth of vodka and a few beers BEFORE the bar one night. I stopped drinking and now only drink once a month maybe, I still have an extremely dangerous high tolerance but not drinking often has helped me keep my intake a lot lower.
  • ladysandy
    Options
    Yup me toooo, weekends = having a BIG DINER with VINO for me ... grrrrrrrr, I start on friday and I have trouble stopping on Sunday, this is why I just hate weekends, I'll have to do something else to distract meself. I sabotage my diet on weekends :(((( I have to un-program my brain about weekends meaning to me lots of food and drink .... any suggestions ???!