Day 2 and i'm struggling

Options
2»

Replies

• TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Thank you everyone, this forum is so helpful and full of you experts! I feel like a right twit asking questions left, right and centre!
    If I have nore veggies tonight that will take me over my protine count, is that OK? But if I have another chocolate bar that will keep me within my protine and calorie count, confused!
    Should I be weighing my veggies whilst frozen or after cooking? Cheers xx

Hi again,
    I wouldn't worry so much about going over on the protein count. It's set pretty low by mfp. I'm already over on mine and just finished lunch! Watch the calories and sugar though. Veggies will give you the fiber and nutrients your body needs so always choose that over sweets. I use a lot of frozen veggies and use the nutrition info on the bag as a guide, and measure when they're frozen. Here, the servings are in cups, not by weight so it's a little easier. If you search the database, you'll notice there are entries for raw/fresh veggies and for frozen, and even sometimes for cooked veggies. I have to imagine those will take into account water loss etc depending on how you prepare and eat them. And don't feel silly about asking questions. That's what the forums are here for. Hope this helps.
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, this forum is so helpful and full of you experts! I feel like a right twit asking questions left, right and centre!
    If I have nore veggies tonight that will take me over my protine count, is that OK? But if I have another chocolate bar that will keep me within my protine and calorie count, confused!
    Should I be weighing my veggies whilst frozen or after cooking? Cheers xx

Go over on Protein!!! its okay...its very low on this site! its the only place I was say always try to go a bit over! Its okay!!!!! it will fill you up.

If I am having snow peas I just find them in the data base and count them out- You dont' have to weight them- somethings are done in the number of things....

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to ask questions on how to track!!!! it gets a lot easier as you start doing it daily!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I think ive sprted today. Ive added half a packet of batchlors pasta in sauce with my dinner to bulk it out. Think my diary looks a lot healthier today now :D xxx
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I think ive sprted today. Ive added half a packet of batchlors pasta in sauce with my dinner to bulk it out. Think my diary looks a lot healthier today now :D xxx

Better. But you should still shoot for the 1200.
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Thank you! I will see if I can manage an apple again later :) x
  • KristaWeiss
    KristaWeiss Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You need to hit at least the 1,200 calories and you are meeting your protein goal but 45 is pretty low, I average about 80 per day and I'm required to hit a min of 65 grams per day by my doctor. I would suggest adding in lean proteins more to keep you full and your metabolism burning all day long
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    In goals settings, you can change the ratio of macro nutrients by calorie percent. You can increase your protein and lower your carbs to encourage you to eat healthier. Worrying about having more veg due to going over your protein count is the craziest thing i've ever heard! But it's the sites fault not yours!

Weigh frozen, because different weights will be given for different amounts of cooking time and drainage, once again, uncooked is more uniform and predictable
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Options
    Many thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. Ive planned my food diary for work tomorrow and Im planning on walking there and back too :)