Puppy update

Options
Anna_Banana
Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Hey everyone thanks for your prayers for our puppy. He is actually doing much better, and gets better everyday.

First of all we decided (okay the kids decided) to name him Pokey, because he is the slowest of the pack. He is now running pretty well and wanting to play. He does lose his balance still and will fall down, and sometimes when he is walking he shakes his head so I wonder if he is dizzy or something. But other than thay you would never know something has happened to him. His litter mates are all in their new homes and Pokey is getting supper spoiled. Somebody is always playing with him or petting him.

Thanks again everybody.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Options
    Hey everyone thanks for your prayers for our puppy. He is actually doing much better, and gets better everyday.

First of all we decided (okay the kids decided) to name him Pokey, because he is the slowest of the pack. He is now running pretty well and wanting to play. He does lose his balance still and will fall down, and sometimes when he is walking he shakes his head so I wonder if he is dizzy or something. But other than thay you would never know something has happened to him. His litter mates are all in their new homes and Pokey is getting supper spoiled. Somebody is always playing with him or petting him.

Thanks again everybody.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Yay for the Pokey Little Puppy! So glad to hear that your "special" one is doing well.
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm so glad that he's doing well!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    OH that's excellent news Anna.
    Well done Pokey :drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your puppy is better, Anna!:heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Thanks guys.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I must have missed ur post on what is wrong with little pokey but thats ok I dont need to read it to know I will cry I am sending pets porayers and some puppy buddies his way to make him feel better
  • Anna_Banana
    Options
    Joni, he had a concussion (sp?) and couldn't walk for about a week. We think he fell trying to climb out of his pen, but we don't know for sure. We are so luck he is getting better.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    go pokey....
    when DH & i got married our friends had a cat that everyone made fun of and they were drop it off somewhere, so we took her, her name was wineo. she acted like she was drunk, couldn't walk straight, couldn't run right. didn't see straight, just all over the place. such a sweet cat. vet said she was born with brain defect. she lived for many years. bless her heart....
This discussion has been closed.