Looking for used HRM

Options
If anyone has one for sale, I am interested in buying one. I don't want to spend a fortune on one but I would like it to be in good working condition.

Replies

• slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    you can get a really good one for $75 by timex - it was rated the top one by consumer reports. i would suggest that - you sweat a LOT on the strap
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Have you tried ebay??? I purchased my polar FT7 for $70 and free shipping Im sure you can find a good used one for a cheaper price if ya look!
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    Another way to get one is to just keep an eye out on amazon.com! I got the Polar FT4 about a month ago for $58 and free shipping! Most sites have it way more than that!!!! I just checked and its $63.03 on amazon today and still free shipping!
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    I was Sports Authority yesterday and saw a bunch of older Polar models on clearance, some as low as $35
  • Homer3D
    Homer3D Posts: 318
    Options
    I may need to get a new one soon. The one I have had for about 3 years is acting up. It still works but the audible alarm to tell me when I am not in the “zone” doesn’t work anymore (or works intermittently). So I have to look at it to see where my heart rate is. It is just a lot easier to just jog jog jog, hear it BEEP to tell me that I am over and I slow down, and then wait for the other BEEP to tell me to pick it back up.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I think $70 is a lot of money. I was talking like around $30-50. I will keep an eye out on ebay
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I think you could get a decent new one for $50-75 like a Polar FT4 or FT7 or a Timex. If the difference between a new one and a used one is $20 I would definitely get new. People sweat all over those things and if they don't clean them regularly the sensors won't work as well. To me, its the type of thing better off purchased new compared to buying used from a stranger online. Just an opinion....

I also agree that if ya watch Amazon you can get a new Polar FT4 for in the mid-$50's and with free shipping.

Another argument for saving for a new one is that some of the older models did not allow for easy battery replacement...you had to send them in for a new battery. If ya buy a new polar model it will have a brand new battery that will last you a long while and you can definitely change it yourself when the time comes.