46 years pregnant

Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
Anybody catch that show on TLC last night about the woman who had a baby in her belly for 46 years (baby obviously didn't survive)?

Totally amazing.

Replies

• Mireille
    Anybody catch that show on TLC last night about the woman who had a baby in her belly for 46 years (baby obviously didn't survive)?

Totally amazing.
  • Jennnnnnnny
    Jennnnnnnny Posts: 373 Member
    omg that is so weird..she didn't feel it at all?!?
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Cripes! I wonder why baby was left there so long, surely it would have caused an infection ???
  • Mireille
    It was a crazy story.
    She was 7months pregnant in1955 and thought she was in labor because of the pain. She tried to deliver at home but couldn't so she went to the hospital. At the hospital, she witness a woman die during labor and she figured if she was gonna die, she'd rather die at home.

After two days of pain, it stopped. Baby didn't come out. Old Moroccan wives tale said that some babies like to sleep in their mother's womb and come out when they are ready ( I know, crazy).

Anyhow, 46 years later, the pain comes back. She is taken to a good hospital by her adoptive children and they find this mass in her stomach. After several x ray, mri..., they realized that it was a baby.
    The baby was totally calcified.

Her pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy and the baby grew in her abdominal cavity. Her placenta attached itself to her organs which supplied enough blood for this baby to grow to 7lbs!!
    Her body protect herself by making a thick layer of calcium around the baby which protected it from bacteria.

It was truly an incredible story.
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    yeah.. I actually saw the story about a year ago.. they did a story on a series of wierd pregnancies or sth... kinda scary!!!
  • Mireille
    Similar show where a dude had absorbed his twin and they took it out like 30 years later.

dry.gif
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    For some reason, Mir automatically assumes any response you make is going to be sarcastic Max.

Can't imagine why!!! :huh:

:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    For some reason, Mir automatically assumes any response you make is going to be sarcastic Max.

She's prejudice against people who live in vans down by the river.
    Well, I am too!!! :laugh:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member

excuse me.......
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    I watched it, Mir...yes, it was strange! Did you watch The Mermaid Girl? Love her heart!
  • Mireille

No, just against drawings. Can't trust them. They could change anything at any given moment with the swipe of an eraser.
  • Mireille
    I watched it, Mir...yes, it was strange! Did you watch The Mermaid Girl? Love her heart!

No, I missed that...really makes you grateful for your health. I hear there aren't that many survivors that have mermaid legs.
    Makes our problems seem so small sometimes. :flowerforyou:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    I'm not prejudiced ~ just quite frankly ENVIOUS of you civilized people who have such modern miracles as cable or satellite that enables you to get programs that show stuff like that :sad: :grumble::wink: Cable doesn't come out this far in the wilderness and we had to choose whether we wanted to invest in satellite ISP or satellite TV. We figured that between running an email server, a news server and how the internet is truly my lifeline to the outside world (and satellite ISP doesn't tie up the phone line, which is a consideration for when I'm alone here at night), we figured that the ISP was a better buy. About the only time I wish we had satellite TV is when something like this topic comes up and I get to thinking about the 4 channels (and that's dependent on the weather) we get on the TV.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Similar show where a dude had absorbed his twin and they took it out like 30 years later.
    yea I've heard that happen.....thought it was the strangest thing when I first heard they found teeth and hair and then figured out what it was.... a twin that didn't survive but like Max said was absorbed by the remaining child.......

ok, the 4 year old McDonald's hamburger story is sounding more appealing than this now.....and that story was strange as well...:noway: :bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    I'm not prejudiced ~ just quite frankly ENVIOUS of you civilized people who have such modern miracles as cable or satellite that enables you to get programs that show stuff like that :sad: :grumble::wink: Cable doesn't come out this far in the wilderness and we had to choose whether we wanted to invest in satellite ISP or satellite TV. We figured that between running an email server, a news server and how the internet is truly my lifeline to the outside world (and satellite ISP doesn't tie up the phone line, which is a consideration for when I'm alone here at night), we figured that the ISP was a better buy. About the only time I wish we had satellite TV is when something like this topic comes up and I get to thinking about the 4 channels (and that's dependent on the weather) we get on the TV.

thsmiley_consoling.gif

I completely understand. I don't watch alot of tv but I am grateful that we have cable. :flowerforyou:
  • 46 YEARS?! :noway:

I was only pregnant for 7 months and I thought that was bad!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Yep, I caught it too! And a couple of shows that came after it too..

Mermaid Girl and Paralyzed and Pregnant (which I've seen before)
This discussion has been closed.