HURRICANE!!

any of you in Fl? Is Irene going to ruin any of your weekend outdoor exercise plans??
I'm excited. If the power doesn't go out. I will exercise inside. Otherwise, I plan on stocking up on some healthy snacks and break out the candles :)

Replies

• spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    South Floridian here :smile:

Hoping to get a day off :laugh:
  • I'm opposite, I wanted to work Fri, but looks like I will hav eto make it up on saturday. I'm in East Central, near Sebastian inlet.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    i'm not in FL yet, I'm actually moving there next Thursday.. hopefully i'll miss Irene. Unfortunately, my boyfriend will be stuck in it. Hope you all stay safe!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Beware, if you use a treadmill! I've heard horror stories (humiliation stories) about sudden power outages while on the treadmill leading to very injured pride!
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Good luck with that girls. As much as we could use a little cool off here in New Orleans, I am terrified of hurricanes. Too Soon!

:sad:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Latest track has it skimming you guys and wreaking havoc in the Carolinas and the MId-Atlantic area.
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Beware, if you use a treadmill! I've heard horror stories (humiliation stories) about sudden power outages while on the treadmill leading to very injured pride!

Oh My.
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Central Florida here. Where is the party at guys??? lol
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Good luck with that girls. As much as we could use a little cool off here in New Orleans, I am terrified of hurricanes. Too Soon!

:sad:

I hear ya....I live in North Louisiana, some of those hurricanes even hit us a hard.........not fun.....
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Have fun! I hope she doesn't get too strong for ya'll. I used to live in Miami (among other places)..but, I left Miami the year before Andrew (I call that luck!)

I am in Louisiana now, I am crossing my fingers to get a little hurricane this year...
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    You're excited about a major hurricane??? As a weather forecaster, that admittance scares me.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Central Florida here. Where is the party at guys??? lol

In Central Florida also. Real Floridians don't even start thinking about hurricanes until we see a few trailers flying overhead. Until then, life goes on as usual.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,552 Member
    In Tampa, hoping it passes us by and loses strength. Lived through them before and it's not fun.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Charleston SC here, looks like we might be in the path too..
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,319 Member
    I grew up in SoFla. Don't miss the hurricanes, but I like a good storm.

My favorite Storm/hurricane tracker web site (with interactive maps!!) -

http://www.stormpulse.com/
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Latest track has it skimming you guys and wreaking havoc in the Carolinas and the MId-Atlantic area.

Oh goodie. Don't get me wrong; we need the rain, but when it's this dry, things go from nothing to flood level in about five minutes. Maybe the havoc won't be a bad one. *fingers crossed* Although there's really no telling at this point.
  • scgma
    scgma Posts: 185 Member
    just above you in Manning SC and yes we are watching closely!!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    I'm in S. FL :) It doesn't look like we'll get much from it. Although when I ran to Publix at lunch they had no water left, already.
  • North Central Florida, here. Looks like its going to pass us by. prob just get some rain...
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286

OMG I couldn't cope with the thought of Hurricanes! My family are in South Caroline...hope everyone it comes near stays safe